Communication Officer (0.8 FTE)
University College Groningen
University of Groningen
University College Groningen (UCG) offers a Liberal Arts and Sciences degree programme in broad academic education and interdisciplinary integration. The UCG community is internationally oriented, with staff and students from across the globe. We are looking for a colleague who will, in cooperation with the Recruitment & Admission Team, streamline and address external and internal communication and provide admissions assistance during peak periods. You will be working in a small team of enthusiastic and ambitious staff members.
The tasks and activities will include:
● implementing the latest website (intranet, internet) university-wide guidelines and templates; for this reason, the successful candidate will have specific experience with website development and maintenance and be a native or near-native Dutch speaker
● creating internal and external communication such as newsletters, press releases, website articles and news feed postings; this includes written and visual content
● monitoring academic faculty and student updates (research, innovation and education, projects)
● providing communication support to the Faculty Board, Head of Student Affairs and other stakeholders
● serving as the linchpin between the UCG community, individuals and working groups and the recruitment and marketing team; specifically serves as communication liaison for cluster addressing exchange/internships/careers/alumni; will develop into liaison with academic staff; may also develop as liaison / representative for other faculties
● representing UCG at university-wide website, communication and/or technology implementation meetings
● assisting with the admission and selection process during peak times.
An all-around team player mentality is critical, as other duties will be assigned.
● hbo within a relevant field of study; experience at the University of Groningen or other higher education institution is a plus
● knowledge and experience in International Higher Education and international communication / communication across diverse cultural backgrounds is preferred
● ability to communicate in different tones and towards different audience
● awareness: cultural and of the complexity of organisation (faculty)
● up to date with current global and local affairs with a keen eye for connecting education with society
● experience with website management
● experience with communication policy and planning is a plus
● organisational talent: excellent social and professional networking skills, good at planning, managing stress, being able to work independently and in a team
● excellent written and oral communication skills in English (minimum level C1)
● excellent written and oral communication skills in Dutch (minimum level C1)
● the communication officer should be able to contribute to better general communication within the faculty.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
● a minimum gross salary of € 2,329 and a maximum of € 3,144 per month (salary scale 7) for a full-time position, depending on qualifications and work experience
● a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
● an 8.3% year-end bonus
● participation in a pension scheme for employees.
A two-year contract for a 0.8 FTE is offered.
Expected starting date: 1 September 2020 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
You may apply for this position until 9 August 23:59 / before 10 August (CEST) 2020 by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Please send in your curriculum vitae and your motivation letter in English.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr Elizabeth Mix
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 220249