Lecturer Product Technology (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has been our top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of disciplines, from traditional scientific disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. The Undergraduate School and Graduate School of the Faculty offer respectively 13 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 6000 students. The Faculty’s staff and students come from all over the world and nearly all its degree programmes are in English.
The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a teaching position in the Bachelor and Master degree programmes in Chemical Engineering.
At the moment, we envision that you will give full courses in Polymer Science and Product Technology (at Bachelor level), as well as other ones at the Master level as, for example, Advanced Product Engineering.
As a Lecturer, your main duties will be:
• teaching (part of) different course units, particularly those related to product technology and polymer science; a full list of courses of the Chemical Engineering programme can be found here: https://www.rug.nl/ocasys/
• supervise BSc and MSc research projects (provided you hold a PhD).
To be eligible for this position, you need to have:
• a PhD degree, preferably in chemical engineering and/or (physical) chemistry in connection with polymeric materials
• experience with structure-property relationships of polymeric materials
• experience in teaching at University level (at least as Teaching Assistant)
• experience with various types of academic teaching and learning approaches is an asset; for example, this includes different teaching methods such as lectures, tutorials, problem-based learning
• proficiency in English at the C2 level; knowledge of Dutch or the willingness to learn it at a working level would be an asset
• competences: cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills
• a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO) or the willingness to obtain this within a year
• experience at industrial level in polymeric products design and development is a strong asset.
Conditions of employmentIn accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities, we offer you:
• a salary with a minimum of € 3,746 up to a maximum of € 5,127 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position
• in addition to the salary: 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
• an appointment of 1.0 FTE for one year; in case of a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview, an extension for additional two years will be offered.
The preferred starting date is no later than 1 December 2020
Do you want to become a member of our team? Please send your application to us, by submitting the following documents:
1. a motivation letter
2. a complete curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 1 November 11:59pm / before 2 November 2020 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), http://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. F. (Francesco) Picchioni
+31 50 36 34333.
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 220232
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Further conditions of employment