Research Technician for Hydrogen and Fuel Cell systems Laboratory (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
Since its foundation in 1614, the University of Groningen has established an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative university offering high-quality teaching and research. With its 32,000 students and Nobel prize winning researchers, University of Groningen ranks among the top universities globally. It is situated in the vibrant capital of the northern Netherlands, Groningen.
The Groningen region is rapidly becoming a hub for hydrogen and related technologies. Significant industrial initiatives are taking place in the region. The university is developing a hydrogen and fuel cell laboratory complementary to the regional developments. Experiments at electrode, cell, stack and system levels are expected to take place for developing fuel cell, electrolysis and reversible fuel cell systems. For the laboratory of the basic unit (Chair) Energy Conversion of the Energy and Sustainability Research Institute Groningen (ESRIG), Faculty of Science and Engineering, we are looking for a full-time Hydrogen and Fuel Cell Systems technician.
You will have the following main responsibilities and tasks:
- the development of the laboratory and its continued maintenance
- the development of new test stations (including automation) and extensive testing thereof
- establishing a hydrogen and fuel cell research programme, and the acquisition and commissioning of modern equipment for the same.
Significant industry involvement is expected. Efforts are to be taken up in close collaboration with scientists, students and PhD students.
- appropriate technical training, hbo or equivalent
- interest in test-station/instrument development and automation
- collegiality, good cooperation skills
- relevant experience is an advantage (electrochemical measurements, high temperature measurements and if possible high temperature electrochemical measurements)
- good command of English, Dutch is highly desirable.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- an initial salary depending on education and experience of € 2,579 (salary scale 8) up to a maximum of € 4,274 (scale 10) gross per month
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
- an 8.3% year-end allowance
- an 1.0 FTE appointment initially for two years, with the prospect of permanent employment.
The laboratory offers a stimulating working environment with a mixed group of enthusiastic colleagues; the work is diverse and offers the possibility of constantly gaining new knowledge and skills.
Effective date: "immediately", i.e. as soon as possible
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
- application letter
You can submit your application until 26 January 23:59 / before 27 January 2020 by means of the application form (click on “Apply” below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. P.V. Aravind
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219605