Education Officer/Lecturer Department of Marketing (0.6-1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
Founded in 1614, the University of Groningen enjoys an international reputation as a dynamic and innovative institution of higher education offering high-quality teaching and research. Flexible study programmes and academic career opportunities in a wide variety of disciplines encourage the more than 32,000 students and researchers alike to develop their own individual talents. As one of the best research universities in Europe, the University of Groningen has joined forces with other top universities and networks worldwide to become a truly global centre of knowledge.
Within the Department of Marketing, Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) of the University of Groningen is a vacancy available for an education officer.
Department of Marketing
The Department of Marketing is one of the leading marketing departments in Europe. Education is a core business of the department, besides doing research. The department is responsible for and involved in several courses on the level of Bachelor, Master and PhD programs within FEB. In the different educational evaluations education within the department is structurally assessed as very good or even excellent.
This vacancy is a new position within the department.
Your job is relatively wide with regard to education support; you are marginally involved in the execution of education.
The tasks will be as follows:
A. You support the Program Director MSc Marketing and educational coordinator of the department, in such as:
- drafting concepts of policy, education plans, brochures, etc.
- informing students, for example educational programs and electives
- organize and providing information about the MSc.
B. You support teachers, especially in large or new courses:
- you create or update course records
- you write texts for Ocasys, Study Guide,Teaching and Exam Regulations, website, etc.
- you manage the Nestor page
- you guide teachers and student assistants for seminars
- you make group formats and performs such organizational tasks
- you develop exams and assignments and correct them.
C. Educational Innovation within the Department
- we ask you to think about educational innovation in the Department of Marketing
- you represent the department in working groups in teaching
- you are the contact person for the Education office of FEB.
- you teach small groups and seminars
- you guide BSc thesis projects.
We invite you to apply if:
- you’ve (preferably) completed a MSc in Marketing or a related field within the social sciences. Education within the educational science, combined with knowledge and experience in the field of marketing is also a possibility. A PhD is seen as a plus, but is not a prerequisite,
- you have strong affinity and experience with academic education,
- you have good social skills and you're a real team player,
- you have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 36 months.We offer in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
- a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2,835 gross per month to a maximum of € 3,895 gross per month (scale 9) for a full-time position
- a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
- an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
- minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
- an appointment is for a period of three years.
Starting date: as soon as possible
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
- a cover letter
- a CV.
You can submit your application until 15 December 11:59pm / before 16 December 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. Jenny van Doorn, program director of the MSc Marketing
Prof. Tammo Bijmolt, chairman of the Department of Marketing
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219584E