Teacher for Artificial Intelligence programme (0.8 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of science disciplines, from traditional disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. The Undergraduate School and Graduate School of the faculty provide respectively 13 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 6000 students. The faculty’s staff and students come from all over the world and nearly all its degree programmes are in English.
The Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering has a vacancy for a teacher in the programme of Artificial Intelligence of which the teaching staff is mostly associated with the Department of Artificial Intelligence of the Bernoulli Institute of Mathematics, Computing Science and Artificial Intelligence. In the Artificial Intelligence bachelor programme, teaching is in English, promoting an international setting and with a focus on research driven teaching.
The duties of the Teacher will include:
• teaching, tutoring and grading Artificial Intelligence Bachelor students in programming courses (Imperative Programming, Object-Oriented Programming) and more general AI-related courses (Artificial Intelligence 1, Signals and Systems)
• assisting in developing new course materials
• instructing and supervising Bachelor students who follow courses and perform related practical work and assignments
• instructing, advising, supervising and grading Bachelor students during their final projects on topics in Artificial Intelligence
• recruiting, selecting and managing Teaching Assistants (students)
• participating in the programme’s outreach and informational activities for aspirant students.
The successful candidate should:
• have a Master’s degree, preferably in Artificial Intelligence or a related field
• be fluent in English
• preferably have experience in teaching at the University level
• preferably have experience with embedded software development in Linux and programming in C/C++, Python and MATLAB
• possess cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communicative skills
• possess - or have the willingness to fulfil the requirements of- a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO)
• have willingness to integrate within an international group and enjoy working with young people with various cultural and educational backgrounds.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary with a minimum of € 2.709 up to a maximum of € 4.274 gross per month (salary scale 10) for a full-time position
• in addition to the salary: 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% year-end bonus
• an appointment for two years
• an appointment for 0.8 FTE
• minimum of 29 holidays and additional 12 holidays in case of full-time employment
• for this position, the following UFO job profile applies: Teacher 4.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• a CV
• motivation letter.
You can submit your application until 1 December 11.59pm / before 2 December 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. We have adopted an active policy to increase the number of female scientists across all disciplines of the university. Therefore, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714 and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers, https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr F. Cnossen
+31 50 3636336
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219583
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Curious about our further conditions of employment? You can find them here