(Junior) Admissions Officer (2.0 FTE)
Office of the University
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen (UG) attracts both Dutch and international students to its bachelor and master programmes. The Admissions Office plays a central role in the application process for prospective students with non-Dutch diplomas, at both a bachelor and master level. The Admissions Office is positioned within the department of Student Information & Administration (SI&A), which is part of the Bureau of the University. SI&A is responsible for all aspects in the chain of application, admission and enrolment.
The Admissions Office supports applicants, the faculties and the Admission Boards in the application and admission process, from the first inquiry about entry requirements until the start of the programme. The Admissions Office in its current form started October 2014 and has grown to around 30 people.
The Admissions Office is located at the Academy Building of the University.
The unit Student Information & Administration has vacancies for the function of (junior) Admissions Officer.
The Admissions Office (AO) is responsible for the admission procedure for international and other (non-standard) applicants of a selected number of bachelor and/or master programmes of the University of Groningen.
The AO’s role in the admissions process for candidates of the programmes includes a variety of administrative tasks, including:
- collecting and completing application files
- assessing and verifying candidates' educational credentials both with regard to level and content
- advising the Admissions Board on admission of candidates
- executing the Admissions Board's decision (making offer letters)
- formalising the offer (collecting all official documents for full registration as a student)
- communicating with and support candidates before and during their admissions process.
We are looking for candidates who possess:
- a relevant professional or academic degree (a least a secondary vocational education level 4 diploma for a junior position)
- relevant work experience (e.g. at a higher education institution or (semi) governmental body); experience with admissions processes is an advantage
- proven strength in administrative processes and good computer skills/thorough knowledge of automated data files/databases; knowledge of UG systems Progress.NET, ProgressWWW and/or Online Application System is an advantage
- proven ability to work under pressure
- accuracy as well as flexibility
- ability to work within a team whilst also able to work independently for sustained periods
- an excellent command of the English language (minimum level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)); knowledge of Dutch is an advantage
- excellent communicative and interpersonal skills and experience in dealing with persons who have different and diverse cultural backgrounds
- a result and service-oriented attitude and quick learner.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 24 maanden.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities (http://www.vsnu.nl):
- depending on qualifications and work experience, a salary from € 2,261 (salary scale 7 junior admissions officer) gross per month up to a maximum of € 3,445 (salary scale 8 for senior admissions officer) gross per month for a fulltime position (1.0 FTE)
- a position availability of minimum 32 hours a week
- a position of (junior) Admissions Officer on a temporary basis, for the period of one year; after the first employment, extension might be possible, depending on the organizational development of SI&A, the Admissions Office and the staff member’s performance.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• cover letter
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 25 November 11:59pm / before 26 November 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Sander van den Bos, Head of SI&A
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219509-11