Full Professor of Econometrics (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen, Faculty of Economics and Business, offers a position for a Full Professor of Econometrics within the Department of Economics, Econometrics and Finance.
At its most fundamental level, econometrics is about the identification and estimation of causal relations among economic variables. Recent developments include the rise of computer intensive methods, and special techniques to deal with large data sets. Fields of application include (quantitative and empirical) finance, data science, economics, and marketing. The chair of Econometrics is situated within the Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance, and is part of EEF, the research programme for economics, econometrics and finance, within the research school SOM.
The new professor will be a fellow of SOM. Moreover you initiate research and strengthen the cohesion of the econometrics group, its research and teaching and the collaboration of this group with the Department and the Faculty.
• you have excellent research qualities, as evidenced by a publication record in international peer-reviewed journals and renowned conferences
• you are renowned for academic research in econometrics, demonstrated by ERB board memberships of journals in the field
• you are an excellent teacher both at the undergraduate and post-graduate level (research master) and you have experience in curriculum development
• you have ample experience in supervising and mentoring researchers (including PhD students)
• you have an extensive national and international network that is relevant to the further development of our University
• you have demonstrable management qualities
• you have a proven ability to acquire external funding.
Conditions of employmentThe Econometrics chair is a full-time position at the level of full professor.
We offer a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from € 5,582 (CLA Dutch Universities) to a maximum of € 8,127 gross salary per month for a full-time position, excluding 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees. Favourable tax treatment may apply to Non-Dutch applicants.
The University of Groningen provides a career advisory service for partners of new staff who move to Groningen.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
- a full curriculum vitae including a complete list of publications
- a letter of motivation
You can submit your application until 30 September 11.59pm / before 1 October 2019 Dutch local time (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our university. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status. Because women are still underrepresented in a number of fields, women are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP) and European Commission's European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.
European Commission's European Code of Conduct: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/charter/code
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. P.C. Verhoef, Dean of the Faculty
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219426
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:Department of Economics, Econometrics & Finance Research Institute Economics, Econometrics & Finance General information