Lecturer Polymer Processing (1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a research university with a global outlook, deeply rooted in Groningen, City of Talent. Quality has had our top priority for over four hundred years, and with success: the university is currently in the top 100 of several influential ranking lists.
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) offers education and research in a wide range of science disciplines, from traditional disciplines such as physics and biology to interdisciplinary disciplines such as artificial intelligence and industrial engineering and management. The Undergraduate School and Graduate School of the faculty provide respectively 13 Bachelor degree programmes and 26 Master degree programmes to approximately 6000 students. The faculty’s staff and students come from all over the world and nearly all its degree programmes are in English.
Do you want to become a part of the Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering in a teaching position in the bachelor and master degree programmes in Chemical Engineering? At the moment we envision that you will give a full course in polymer processing (extrusion, injection molding, both experimental and modeling aspects) at the Master level and a Bachelor course related to Transport Phenomena.
As a Lecturer your duties will include:
• supervise (BSc and MSc) research projects (provided you hold a PhD)
• teaching (a part of) different course units.
What we expect:
- you have a PhD degree, preferably in chemical engineering related field or closely related disciplines;
- you have experience with extrusion (preferably rubber materials), both experimentally and modeling as well as process design constitute preferred qualifications;
- you have minimal 3 years of experience in teaching at the University level including different teaching methods such as lecturers, tutorials, problem-based learning;
- your proficiency in English is at the C2 level;
- you have the following competences: cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills;
- you obtained a University Teaching Qualification (Dutch: BKO).
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary with a minimum of € 3,637 up to a maximum of € 4,978 gross per month (salary scale 11) for a full-time position
• a full-time employment (1.0 FTE)
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% end-of-the-year allowance
• an appointment for initially one year. After a positive evaluation during the Result and Development Interview, an extension with another year is possible. For this position, the following UFO job profile applies: Teacher 3.
Curious about our further conditions of employment? You can find them here: https://www.rug.nl/about-us/work-with-us/that-is-why/conditions-employment
The preferred starting date is not later than 1 September 2019.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• cover letter
• curriculum vitae.
You can submit your application until 25 April 11.59pm / before 26 April 2019 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code and European Commission's: European Code of Conduct for recruitment of researchers.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. F. Picchioni, Deputy programme director bachelor chemistry and chemical engineering
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219216