Postdoctoral researcher European Financial Services Law (1.0 fte)
University of Groningen
Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law (https://www.rug.nl/rechten/) is a modern, internationally oriented institution with a four-hundred-year-long tradition. The Faculty of Law has over 3700 students and almost 350 staff members and is thus one of the largest faculties of the University of Groningen. Its effective quality-control system ensures continuous improvement in the quality of teaching and research. The research at the Faculty is conducted within several research programmes, among which Public Trust and Public Law and Public Interests and Private Relationships, and within a number of centres of expertise, in particular the Groningen Centre for European Financial Services Law (GCEFSL).
The GCEFSL aims to promote high-quality research with a view to ensuring the sustainability of financial services in the EU. It is the first centre in the Netherlands for the study of European financial services law from a comparative and interdisciplinary perspective. The team includes 23 researchers who approach a wide range of pressing issues relating to the post-crisis regulation of financial services by crossing the boundaries of different legal fields, such as (European) private and administrative law, and different academic disciplines, such as law, economics, psychology, and ethics. The GCEFSL is part of the University of Groningen’s Investment Agenda 2015-2018 with the project ‘Towards Sustainable Financial Practices’. The themes studied within the project include:
• improving financial services and protections for consumers and SMEs
• enhancing the quality of senior management and culture of financial institutions
• ensuring an optimal interplay between rule-making and enforcement in the financial sector in a multi-level EU governance system.
The GCEFSL department is looking for an outstanding postdoctoral researcher for the research project ‘Towards Sustainable Financial Practices’. The researcher is expected to:
• develop a line of research within the project
• publish in international peer reviewed journals
• engage in international academic activities, in particular by (co-)organising international conferences and seminars
• apply for external research funding
• teach, on a limited scale, as far as possible in the field of research.
This appointment requires the following minimum qualifications:
• excellent research skills, as evidenced by a doctoral thesis and high-quality international publications
• proven expertise in the fields of law and/or law and economics, preferably related to European financial services law
• excellent proficiency in English (both written and spoken)
• strong communication and organizational skills.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 30 months.
The University of Groningen offers depending on qualifications and experience a minimum salary of € 3,427 and a maximum salary of € 4,691 (scale 11 Dutch Universities) gross a month on a fulltime basis (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities). The position is a temporary one for the period of 3 years, with possible prolongation if external funding has been acquired. Starting date: as soon as possible. Application You may apply for this position until 7 November / before 8 November 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Please include in the application your CV, a letter of motivation, and a research proposal reflecting upon one or more of the themes studied within the project. Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 4691.
For additional information, please contact:
Prof. O. Cherednychenko
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 216189H
Extra informatie kan worden verkregen via een van de volgende links:
For more information about the GCEFS
Digital application form