Business Developer Northern Knowledge
Business Developer (0.8 – 1 fte)
Northern Knowledge (Business Generator Groningen) assists in commercializing knowledge generated at Rijksuniversiteit Groningen (RUG) and University Medical Centre Groningen (UMCG) through technology transfer, initiating collaborations with companies, new company creation and provision of pre-seed funds.
Knowledge generated by RUG and UMCG can help in solving every day challenges in health care, medical technology, nutrition, materials, energy and sustainability.
Northern Knowledge welcomes applicants with a background in tech industry and experience in a commercial or research environment to strengthen their team.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with key contacts in industry as well as scientists;
- Involved with licensing, negotiating and contracting;
- Coaching start-ups together with other team members;
- Identifying and evaluating inventions with commercial potential (screening and scouting);
- Managing technology transfer projects from idea identification to commercialization.
- Entrepreneurial or commercial background with a minimum of 5 years experience (preferably more) in a technology-related industry such as agrifood, energy, chemistry or high-tech systems & materials;
- Proficient in building working relationships with scientists, companies and key partners involved in the technology transfer process;
- Client and service oriented, proactive and enterprising with excellent analytical and entrepreneurial skills;
- Academic thinking level and excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and deadlines;
- Knowledge of the patenting process, structuring public private partnerships, licensing, marketing or other aspects of technology transfer would be advantageous (as well as the ability to develop such skills);
- Experience with coaching start-ups or mentoring professionals;
- Ability to work independently and in a multidisciplinary team;
- You have a substantial professional network and have the skills to use and develop this network.
Conditions of employment
We offer a challenging job with a wide range of tasks for a period of 1 year. When functioning properly and without unchanged circumstances there is a possibility of extension.
We offer a salary depending on qualifications, education and experience, according to UMC standards.
Date of commencement: as soon as possible.
For more information you can visit our website (www.rug.nl/ipbd) or please contact dr. Annemieke Galema, director Northern Knowledge at 050 - 3635459.
Please send your application letter and CV to Ellen Hoekstra, Northern Knowledge / Business Generator Groningen, Kadijk 4, 9747 AT Groningen (or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org)
Deadline for sending your application is Sunday 16th of August 2020 (23.59)
Selection interviews will take place in September 2020.