IBM is introducing a new kind of working environment: the IBM Services Center in Groningen. It is a fast-paced and dynamic community created to deliver high-value technical services to clients. Buzzing with invention, innovation and a pioneering spirit, it feels like an entrepreneurial start-up, but with the support of the world's largest IT and consulting services company.
Our Services Center is nothing without you – an experienced Test Analyst with the vision and ambition to shape future success.
In this role, you will be responsible for the test design and test execution of complex IT-environments. You will be conducting a detailed intake on the test basis and the creation of the test design using the techniques described in the detailed test plan. You will establish logical and physical test cases, initial test data, test scripts, test scenario´s and will be responsible for setting up and maintaining the test ware. You will be carrying out the tests with demonstrable results and will capture the test findings. The customer environment can vary between project, maintenance and support teams working on implementations, upgrades, releases and patches of software packages and bespoke applications.
Being a Test Analyst, you will be able to closely interact with the business representatives and project team members while supervising and performing all kinds of test activities like integration tests, user acceptance tests, regression tests, end-to-end tests and pre-production acceptance tests. The Test Analyst is working in a complex integrated IT-landscape and understands the coherence of related applications and chains. The Test Analyst will identify, anticipate and report risks regarding test design and test execution. With your extensive knowledge of IT testing, you take care of design, construction and implementation of complex IT-environments.
You are the testing brain in projects and you solve testing topics that others can´t.
- At least a bachelor degree in IT
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in test design and test execution of complex IT-environments
- At least 5 years’ experience in integration testing, acceptance testing, end-to-end testing, regression testing and preferably automated testing and load & stress testing
- Experience in setting up and maintaining test ware, test tools and test metrics
- A TMAP and/or ISTQB Certification and experience with testing policies
- Knowledge of software development methodologies SDM, RUP, Agile and project management methodology Prince2
- Knowledge of XML
- Experience in working with large (international) companies and associated complexity
- Practical knowledge and experience with the impact of technology on business processes and organization
- Can-do mentality with problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of the Dutch and English language
- Pro-active work attitude
- A keen interest in how technology can be applied to solve business problems of clients and the will to implement these solutions for our clients
Our Ideal Candidate
- Is a quick starter in a new business environment with an existing applications portfolio
- Can implement extensions to existing applications
- Has broad interest in application technologies and middleware
- Is eager to learn and has excellent communication skills
- Has a healthy degree of assertiveness and initiative
- Thorough and analytical, with capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Structured, and has a disciplined way of working combined with passion for the business
- Authorized to be able to work in the Netherlands
What we offer
- Continuous learning
- Ongoing technical education
- A fun, vibrant and dynamic working environment in Groningen
- State of the art technology
Our focus is on grasping the potential of new and emerging technologies to drive innovative projects at the very forefront of the IT industry.
So imagine what’s possible – and start making it happen.