We are hiring an experienced full stack developer with the vision and ambition to shape future success and be a part of our expanding blockchain capability.
You will work with cutting-edge web technologies that are not going away soon (NodeJS written in TypeScript, Angular 2, Golang), combined with Hyperledger Fabric blockchain technology. Many of our projects are proofs-of-concepts (8-12 weeks), but production use is becoming more and more common. You will be working on short-term use cases in diverse markets (public/energy/finance) and more long-term projects. For these projects you need experience with unit testing and continuous deployment.
The IBM Client Innovation Center is the right spot for aspiring blockchain developers. We work together with the biggest players in every sector to change industries from within. We have a strong track record and have the ambition and capabilities to maintain and strenghten our leading position within this exciting new field.
We offer an inspiring and innovative environment with projects all over Europe. Most of the work will be done from our office in Groningen, but you get the chance to travel occasionally. Within the IBM Client Innovation Center the newest web technologies are present, and you are in direct connection with the IBM research lab and their work on Hyperledger.
Being an experienced developer, you will have a 3 plus years’ experience in web application development (HTML/CSS/JS, NodeJS and Angular or equivalent). You will also know how to work with object oriented languages (for example: Java, Python or .NET). You know about best practices, how to structure an application and can explain design choices to a junior developer.
- At least a bachelor degree in IT
- Can-do mentality with problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent knowledge of the English language and preferably Dutch as well
- A keen interest in how technology can be applied to solve business problems of clients and the will to implement these solutions for our clients
Our Ideal Candidate
- Has a passion for blockchain and understands its implication on business and society
- Has broad interest in application technologies and middleware
- Is eager to learn and has excellent communication skills
- Has a healthy degree of assertiveness and initiative
- Is structured and has a disciplined way of working
- Has experience with working in SCRUM teams.
What we offer
- Continuous learning
- Ongoing technical education
- A fun, vibrant and dynamic working environment in Groningen
- State of the art technology
Our focus is on grasping the potential of new and emerging technologies to drive innovative projects at the very forefront of the IT industry. Our blockchain team is a prime example of this and there will be plenty of room for your resourcefulness and drive to improve.
You can apply for this position by sending your CV and letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org