International Business School
Would you like to participate in various research projects within the International Business School. And thereby collectively create impact on education and society? Then this is the job for you!
The International Business School (IBS), part of Hanze University Groningen, is seeking for several motivated and enthusiastic new colleagues to join us as Junior researcher.
What you will do
You will participate in various research projects of the International Business School (IBS) or in which IBS is involved. Together with other researchers, you will work on the preparation, execution, analysis, and reporting of practice-based research. You will work in a dynamic environment where you will be simultaneously involved in multiple studies. In this position, you will have the opportunity to gain (further) experience in practice-based educational research. You will do this under the supervision of a professor or experienced researchers. Your work will include:
- preparing and carrying out data collection (conducting questionnaires and interviews).
- processing and analyzing both quantitative and qualitative data.
- conducting literature research and contributing to the writing of research reports and publications (also in English).
- translating research results into practice products.
- helping to organize meetings.
- actively participating in meetings and research you are involved in.
Where you will work
The International Business School (IBS) offers various English-taught programs to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, ready to add value to business and society. Our vibrant community comprises over 1,500 students from around the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, creating an international atmosphere. The language of communication within IBS is English.
What we ask of you
You are an enthusiastic, independently working junior researcher. You are curious, have an inquisitive attitude and you work accurately and carefully. You can change gear quickly and are not afraid to take initiative. What else do we ask?
- A relevant completed Bachelor or Master and a valid work permit in the Netherlands.
- Knowledge of and some experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods and techniques (including SPSS, Excel, interviewing, focus groups).
- You are proficient with graphic programmes (such as Adobe, Canva, PowerPoint).
- You have good written, oral, and social communication skills in English, and German or Dutch.
This is what you get in returnThis position offers an inspiring work environment where your contributions and ideas are valued. You will have the opportunity to work in a challenging role within a dedicated and enthusiastic team. Are you interested? Then we look forward to receiving your application! Employment conditions: - An appointment for 0.8 to 1.0 FTE. Starting date by mutual agreement. - A one-year contract with the possibility of extension. - A gross monthly salary of minimum € 3,152 and maximum € 5,019 for a full-time appointment and in accordance with CAO-HBO (scale 10, education/research instructor E). - A holiday allowance of 8% and a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. - A maximum of 53 days off and, in addition, you can make use of sustainable employability hours and home working facilities. - The opportunity to continuously professionalise yourself through our Hanze PL Academy. .
Curious to know more?
Please contact Patricia Duarte de Almeida, Head of Education, at 06-36597038 or Linda Mulder, Dean of the International Business School, at 050-595 2974.
Will you become our new colleague?
Then send your resume and motivation, written in English, via the application button.
- Interview Date: Friday afternoon 15 December 2023.
- This vacancy is open both internally and externally, with priority given to current employees of Hanze University Groningen.
- Successful candidates will be required to apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG), with reimbursement provided by Hanze UAS.
We appreciate your understanding that any solicitations related to this vacancy will not be considered.
Apply for this vacancy