Lecturer-Researcher Creative media and/or Game Technologies
Instituut voor Communicatie, Media & IT
Several new opportunities exist at the bachelor Creative Media & Game Technologies (School of Communication, Media & IT) for the position of Lecturer-Researcher Creative media and/or Game Technologies. We are looking for a total of 3 full-time equivalents (FTE) ranging from 0.6 to 1.0 FTE.
Do you want to work in inclusive environment with a group of engaged colleagues? For our bachelor Creative Media & Game Technologies we are looking for lecturers that have experience with and can teach students in the domains of Game Technology, User Experience Design, 3D Media, Game Design or Game Research.
Making games to develop the future! Games are all around us in our daily lives and at the cutting edge of technology. In the Creative Media and Game Technologies programme (CMGT), students will work with cutting edge technologies to learn how to build the future by making games with these: learning how to deploy technologies and how they can be used to invent with. The four-year international English- taught programme focuses on students who want to dive into the broad and fast changing field of digital technology.
As a lecturer-researcher you support our students by being their coach and teacher of relevant courses and projects within the bachelor Creative Media & Game Technologies (CMGT).
Teaching, coaching our students in classes, internships and graduation projects will make up most of your job. Depending on your profile and preferences, doing research in one of our research groups is also a possibility as is developing new educational materials and courses.
Requirements and competences
- You inspire your students and colleagues and want to support their development.
- You like working with international students and in a diverse and multinational team.
- You have (work) experience in the field of games and/or new technology (e.g. VR, AR, AI).
- You have worked with 3D engines and their workflow, such as Unity or Unreal and/or with 3D modeling and animation tools such as Blender or Substance Painter.
- You can connect your field of expertise with the other domains.
- You are fluent in English.
- At least a higher educational background in a relevant field but preferably an academic background with a master’s degree in a relevant field.
The School of Communication, Media & IT
The bachelor CMGT is part of the School of Communication, Media & IT (SCMI). SCMI is the biggest school within the Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanze UAS) in Groningen. SCMI specializes in offering a wide range of multifaceted, innovative and internationally oriented bachelor and master programmes. You will be part of a young professional team who is passionate about the new CMGT programme.
What do we offerWe offer an exciting role in a dynamic and pleasant work environment. It concerns a structural vacancy in which we first offer an annual contract with the possibility to extend the contract. You can start working here on August 28th, 2023. The salary will amount to a gross monthly salary of minimum € 3,663 and maximum € 5,332 for a full-time appointment and in accordance with the CAO-HBO (scale 11, lecturer-researcher A). Hanze UAS offers a comprehensive package of secondary employment conditions, including an 8% holiday allowance, a structural year-end bonus of 8.3%, and a maximum of 53 vacation days. Additionally, Hanze UAS hogeschool encourages employees to continuously professionalize themselves. Our Hanze PL Academy facilitates and supports this process. .
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Henriët Eilander, programme manager CMGT at telephone number + 31(0)6-25151594.
Will you be our new colleague?
Please send your resume and application. We are recruiting for multiple positions. So please share this vacancy with others!
- The (online) interviews will take place on Thursday 15th of June and Friday 16th of June 2023. An assessment can be part of the procedure.
- This vacancy has an internal and external status. Employees who work at Hanze University of Applied Sciences take precedence over external candidates.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimburse for the fee by the Hanze University.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy