Lecturer-researcher Creative media and/or Game Technologies
Instituut voor Communicatie, Media & IT
Several new opportunities exists at the bachelor Creative Media & Game Technologies (School of Communication, Media & IT) for the position of Lecturer-researcher Creative media and/or Game Technologies (0.6-1.0 FTE).
Do you want to work in inclusive environment with a group of engaged colleagues? For our bachelor Creative Media & Game Technologies we are looking for several lecturers that have experience with and can teach students in Game Technology , User Experience Design, Game Design or Game Research.
Making games to develop the future! Games are all around us in our daily lives and at the cutting edge of technology. In the Creative Media and Game Technologies programme (CMGT), students will work with cutting edge technologies to learn how to build the future by making games with these: learning how to deploy technologies and how they can be used to invent with. The four-year international English- taught programme focuses on students who want to dive into the broad and fast changing field of digital technology. This international bachelor programme is the full blown follow up of the major Game Design that we offered within the CMD programme since 2014.
As a lecturer-researcher you support our students by being their coach and teacher of relevant courses and projects within the bachelor Creative Media & Game Technologies (CMGT).
Teaching, coaching our students in classes, placements and graduation projects will make up most of your job. Depending on your profile and preferences, doing research in one of our research groups is also a possibility as is developing new materials and courses.
Requirements and competences
- At least a higher educational background in a relevant field but preferably an academic background with a master’s degree in a relevant field.
- You have work experience in the field of games and/or new technology (e.g. VR, AR, AI).
- You preferably have worked with 3D engines and their workflow, such as Unity or Unreal.
- You can connect your field of expertise with the other domains.
- You inspire both students and colleagues and want to support their development.
- You like working with international students and colleagues.
- You are fluent in English.
The School of Communication, Media & IT
The bachelor CMGT is part of the School of Communication, Media & IT (SCMI). SCMI is the biggest school within the Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groningen. SCMI specializes in offering a wide range of multifaceted, innovative and internationally oriented bachelor and master programmes. You will be part of a young professional team who are passionate about starting the new CMGT programme.
What do we offerThe salary amount to a gross minimum € 3.663,- and a gross maximum € 5.332,- per month based on a full time position. The function scale is 11 (lecturer-researcher). In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. Our Hanze PL Academy will facilitate and support you in this process. It concerns a structural vacancy in which we first offer an annual contract with the possibility to extend the contract. You can start working here on August 29th 2022. .
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Henriët Eilander, programme manager CMGT at telephone number + 31 (0)6-25151594.
Should you have questions concerning our terms of employment, please contact Niek Witsenboer, Corporate Recruiter, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 6916 or email@example.com
Will you be our new colleague?
Please send your resume and application. We are recruiting for multiple positions. So please share this vacancy with others! If you don’t have a master's degree but would like to work as a lecturer-researcher, please contact Niek Witsenboer.
- The (online) interviews (in English) will take place on Wednesday July 13th 2022.
- An assessment can be part of the procedure.
- This vacancy has an internal and external status. Employees who work at Hanze University of Applied Sciences take precedence over external candidates.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimburse for the fee by the Hanze University.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy