Employee supporting digital/blended education
International Business School
The International Business School (IBS), one of the 20 schools of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), offers a versatile education in International Business, both at bachelor and master level. The teaching language is English except of the partly German taught classes of Betriebswirtschaft in year one. Furthermore, IBS offers the international master programmes Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master in International and Business Management and Master Interdisciplinary Business Professional (MSc). We provide Higher Education to 1,500 students from over 70 different nationalities. Faculty and staff, around 90 from approximately 20 nationalities, have diverse backgrounds in international business and education. IBS is the most international school of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (UAS) in Groningen.
IBS is currently looking for an enthusiastic Employee supporting digital/blended education (0.8-1.0 FTE).
What you will be doing
You will work within a dynamic and busy environment where it is important that you provide optimal support for the digital educational processes. You do this proactively and always with an attitude of service. You support our lecturer-researchers and our blended learning experts and help them carry out practical tasks. In doing so, you will give our (blended) education a boost. Your further tasks are:
- Support lecturers in teaching and developing digital and blended education
- Supporting and advising lecturers and support staff in digital/blended education applications (Blackboard, MS Teams, etc.)
- Proactively making an inventory of lecturers' wishes and identifying bottlenecks
- Supporting lecturers in the use of AV resources
- Setting up webcams and speaker phones in classrooms
- Recording teaching activities or flash lectures, finalising them and making them available in the digital learning environment
- Drawing attention to rules concerning Privacy & Security
- Other common tasks with regard to digital applications within the school.
What we ask
For this position, you must have at least the following skills and knowledge:
- A higher vocational education (MBO) or university of applied sciences (HBO) level and relevant work experience;
- Strong affinity with (higher) education in relation to digital and blended education;
- Insight into organisational, process-related and subject-related education (support) processes
- Knowledge of the use of Blackboard, Collaborate, MS Teams;
- Good communication skills (oral and written);
- Excellent command of MS Office packages.
Who are you?
You proactively seek out the wishes of lecturers and support staff, take the initiative and are creative in finding solutions within the set frameworks. You are result and customer oriented and focused on cooperation. You can work well independently and you continue to deliver quality, even in stressful situations.
Where will you work
You will work closely with the members of the digitization core team. You will be part of the admin team that consists of 20 employees and is hierarchically controlled by the head of operations.
The language of communication within IBS is English.
What we offerThe starting date is as soon as possible. We offer you a one-year contract with the possibility of extension if you perform well. The position is valued in scale 7, employee processes and projects (A). The minimum salary is € 2,214 and the maximum is € 3,077 gross per month for a full-time position (in accordance with the CAO HBO). Hanze UAS has an extensive package of secondary employment benefits, including a 13th month. Hanze UAS also encourages its staff to undertake continuous professional development. Our Hanze PL Academy facilitates and supports this. We ask new staff members to apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) when they take up their duties. The costs of this are reimbursed by Hanze UAS. .
For more information, please contact Monique Overmeer, Head of Operations, on 050-595 3336.
Will you be our new colleague?
Send your CV and motivation by using the application button.
Interviews will be held on Wednesday 27 October 2021.
This vacancy is simultaneously internal and external. Employees of Hanze UAS have priority over external candidates.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy