Lecturer/Researcher in International Business (Finances and Accounting)
International Business School
The International Business School (IBS), one of the schools of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), is currently looking for a Lecturer/Researcher in International Business (with a focus on Finances and Accounting).
IBS is looking for a lecturer/researcher specifically in the field of International Business, with particular expertise in:
- International Finance
- International Accounting
Preferences will be given to candidates who can also integrate teaching in the areas of:
- Project management
- Supply chain management/ operations management and Business Process Management
- Research (teaching and implementation)
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
If you do not have a SCRUM project management tool experience, you will have to follow this training at IBS.
You are responsible for developing and teaching new or existing components of study programmes, providing guidance and counselling to students and conducting applied research in the context of international business. The roles that you perform constitute your contribution to the team's results and the achievement of the organisation's ambitions. In this job, you will perform all or the majority of the following roles:
- Teaching groups of students in campus and online.
- Coaching students with their projects or assignments.
- Identifies and analyses developments within the specialist area and professional practice.
- Develops new or existing components of study programmes and curricula.
- Conducts research independently, reports thereon, contributes to publications and gets students involved whenever possible.
- Translates acquired knowledge into teaching by incorporating it into programme components.
- Contributes to the acquisition of research assignments from the professional field.
- Propagates the acquired knowledge among colleagues and the professional field and integrates it into the teaching activities.
- Organises new or existing components of study programmes and curricula.
- Evaluates and safeguards the progress, quality and quantity of education.
- Provides advice on the design of new or existing components of study programmes and curricula.
- Maintains an internal and external network to facilitate the exchange of knowledge, experience and developments.
- Works on collective assignments as part of a team.
- Participates in projects within and outside the organisation, contributes to knowledge transfer and actively shares knowledge and experience.
- Actively seeks feedback and feedforward for the purposes of personal and team development.
Requirements and competences
- PhD degree or PhD student in a business field has a preference;
- Work permit in the Netherlands;
- English at least at B2 level;
- Business practice experience (more than 5 years) and existent practice network is preferred;
- Knowledge of business real life needs and practices for contextualized and updated education is preferred;
- Develop applied research;
- Knowledge in integrated teaching (coaching and assessing projects with topics integrated together);
- Digitally literate;
- 21st century skills;
- Project management competences;
- Experience in working in an international environment and managing cultural differences;
- Vision on education and applied research (with a view to further educational development);
- Able to work simultaneously on hard (i.e. procedures) and soft (i.e. cultural) aspects;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and excellent command of English, both written and spoken;
- (ability to acquire) knowledge of Hanze and IBS policies for education and research;
- Use of blackboard and Microsoft Teams.
You have experience, as a lecturer, in the major field of international business with expertise in finances and/or supply change management and research and general knowledge in other business areas (see job content above), who can deliver high quality education to our students.
You teach effectively and in a structured way and can use different styles of behaviour and skills depending on what is needed. To achieve the required results in time you are able to work transparently and under pressure. Therefore, you have excellent planning, monitoring and execution skills. Furthermore, you are an open-minded and independent team player with a sense of humour who appreciates and values cultural diversity.
We also warmly invite lecturers who do not yet have a great deal of experience to apply.
In order to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, who are ready to add value to business and society, the International Business School (IBS) offers the following English-taught programmes:
- International Business (IB), 3- and 4-year bachelor programmes
- Internationale Betriebswirtschaft, a 4-year bachelor programme also taught in German the first year
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in International Business & Management (MBA)
- Master of Interdisciplinary Business Professional (MSc)
With around 1,500 students from all over the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, the most noticeable characteristic of IBS is its international atmosphere. The 70+ nationalities contribute to an open-minded and culturally diverse setting throughout our entire school. The language of communication within IBS is English.
You will be engaged mainly in the bachelor education and allocated to a team and specific Head of Education as hierarchical superior.
Conditions of EmploymentStarting date is as soon as possible, preferably as per 23 August 2021. It concerns a 0.8-1.0 FTE position for a period of one year with the possibility to extend the contract. Appointment takes place according to the conditions stated in the legal provision of the CAO-HBO. The position is Lecturer-Researcher category A and the function scale is 11. The salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 3.453 and a gross maximum of € 5.026 per month based on a full-time position. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University. An assessment may be part of the procedure. .
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Gerben Reilink, Head of Education at the International Business School, by mailing to firstname.lastname@example.org, or at telephone number +31 (0) 50-5953257. Please do not use this email address for your application (click on ‘Apply-button’).
Please enclose your application letter written in English. Should you have questions using the digital application form (‘Apply-button’), please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
The (online) interviews (in English) will take place on Thursday 20 May 2021.
This vacancy is being published internally and externally; this means that employees of Hanze University of Applied Sciences are preferred over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy