Postdoctoral Researcher Art & Sustainability
Kenniscentrum Kunst & Samenleving
The Research Centre Art & Society initiates and develops new artistic practices in collaboration with diverse societal partners and focuses on the fields of Art & Education, Art & Participation and Art & Sustainability. The Research Centre Art & Society of the Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen is a collaboration between Minerva Art Academy for Fine Art and Design and Popular Culture and Prince Claus Conservatoire. The Research Centre consists of four research groups.
The Research Centre Art & Society currently has a vacancy for a Postdoctoral Researcher Art & Sustainability.
The Research group Art & Sustainability is looking for a postdoctoral researcher whose research and artistic interests address existential dimensions of climate change and adaptation to its ecological, social and cultural impacts.
The purpose of the postdoctoral researcher is to support and strengthen research in the area of art and sustainability, with explicit attention to the dimensions of cultural and ‘inner’ sustainability.
The duties of the postdoctoral researcher include:
- Conducting high quality research;
- Developing, implementing, and leading projects under the leadership of the Professor of Art & Sustainability;
- Participation in teaching in the area of art, science and sustainability themes, sustainist and/or transition design (e.g. working with ‘wicked problems’), with connections to the Innovation Work Place Deep Adaptation;
- Supervising MA theses and contributing to the supervision of PhD candidates.
- PhD degree;
- Adequate experience in research in any of the following fields (or combinations of them): climate studies, environmental psychology/ecopsychology, ecological aesthetics, artistic research, or other fields relevant to the position;
- Affinity with practice-oriented research;
- Having a good understanding of both spoken and written English (and preferably of both spoken and written Dutch as well, or having the intention to learn Dutch);
- Ability to carry out multidisciplinary research is considered an advantage.
Position in the organisational structure
As a postdoctoral researcher you will be working for the research group Art & Sustainability of the Research Centre Art & Society. You will work closely with the Professor of Art & Sustainability. The focus will be on research themes, issues, and areas that engage existential and cultural dimensions of the ecological challenges of our time. It is expected that the postdoctoral researcher plans and develops new, interdisciplinary, and transnational projects and events.
The opportunity to develop and expand your network together with people active in this professional field. We offer an inspiring multidisciplinary working environment where in-depth knowledge can be acquired and where research skills can be deepened and professionalised together with peer researchers.
ConditionsThe salary level is 11, with a salary between € 3.453, - and € 5.026, - gross per month full time (0.8 FTE vacancy). The starting date is as soon as possible and the appointment will be for two years. We offer you an annual contract with the option to extend this contract for another year. The appointment is in accordance with the prevailing cao-hbo agreement. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday payments and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS Groningen offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze UAS Groningen. .
For additional information, please contact Professor Jan van Boeckel, telephone number +31 6 30 28 31 15 or email@example.com. Please do not use this email address for your application (click on Apply-button).
How to apply
Please enclose your application letter, CV and the following documents to apply:
- A summary of each of the following: candidate’s research achievements; artistic and/or professional achievements; teaching merits; and academic leadership and contribution to research community.
- A research plan for the postdoctoral researcher period (size preferably between 1500 and 2000 words).
All material should be submitted in English. The application materials will not be returned. The evaluation will be based on an overall assessment of the candidate’s application, thereby lending weight to the following main dimensions: research, teaching, activity in the scientific community, and academic leadership. Of these, the candidate’s research competencies are valued most.
Should you have questions about using the digital application form (Apply-button), please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
The (online) interviews will take place on Tuesday afternoon, February 9, 2021.
This vacancy is published internally and externally, which implies that in cases of comparable/equivalent competence and skills of candidates, employees from Hanze University of Applied Sciences are preferred over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy