Lecturer (online) Communication
Instituut voor Communicatie, Media & IT
An exciting new opportunity available at the School of Communication, Media & IT.
Is it your passion to inspire our students? We are looking for a Lecturer (online) Communication.
As a lecturer, you take care of organising, conducting, and assessing relevant courses and projects within the bachelor Communicatie/International Communication and the Master International Communication. You participate in designing, evaluating and improving the curriculum in cooperation with the other members of the staff.
Additionally, you may be tasked with supervising students during their internships and graduation projects, or as their general mentor throughout their studies. Participating in innovative research projects may become part of your tasks, depending on preference, ability, and availability.
The lecturer we seek is widely assignable to contribute to the following topics:
- Online marketing communication (online campaigns, business use of online / social media, SEO and SEA, content marketing, social analytics, digital trends)
- Entrepreneurship, Corporate and Marketing Communication
- Media/visual communication
- Writing skills, advisory skills and facilitating skills
- Intercultural Communication
- Design oriented research
You will be employed at the School of Communication, Media & IT (CMI) at the cluster Communication. The team manager of Communicatie/Master International Communication will be your supervisor. You will be partly teaching in Dutch and partly in English for the international programmes.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and experienced individual(s) to join our team. The successful candidates will have:
- An academic background with a Master’s or PhD degree in a relevant field and some experience within the communication working field.
- An excellent proficiency in oral and written English as well as excellent intercultural communication skills.
- A modern, authentic and student-focused approach to teaching, coaching, and supervising students within the curriculum.
- A passion to inspire students and the ability to contribute to further our educational and professional vision.
- A pragmatic and pro-active approach and the flexibility to work within a dynamic multidisciplinary team.
The School of Communication, Media & IT
The School of Communication, Media & IT (CMI), as part of the Hanze University of Applied Sciences in Groningen, specialises in offering a wide range of multifaceted, innovative and internationally oriented bachelor and master programmes.
The research group Communication Behaviour and the Sustainable Society, linked to the bachelor and master programmes Communication, is concerned with integrating applied research into the topics relevant to the study programmes. The programmes are linked to the research group, allowing new insights to be embedded into the curriculum and allowing students to work on relevant research cases.
Employment TermsThe salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 3.453,- and a gross maximum of € 5.026,- per month based on a full time position. The appointment is subject to current cao-hbo guidelines. The function scale is 11. This is a lecturer (docent) position for a minimum of 0.4 FTE, starting as soon as possible. The lecturer will get an temporary contract for one year which can be renewed after this Academic Year. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University. .
Should you need further information regarding this vacancy, please contact drs. Annemieke ter Borg-Spitholt, programme manager CO/MIC, by phone on (+31) (0)6-53795779 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not use this email address for your application.
Should you have questions using the digital application form, please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
Are you going to become our new colleague soon?
Please apply through the button.
The interviews will take place on Tuesday 29 September 2020.
This vacancy has an internal and external status. Employees who work at Hanze University of Applied Sciences take precedence over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Reageer op deze vacature