Instituut voor Rechtenstudies
The professorship of Sustainable Cooperative Enterpreneurship is a group of researchers and other interested parties. Together we focus on next gen commons, their position in regional ecosystems, their governance, their business models and their innovation and learning strategies. We connect entrepreneurs, (semi)governments, universities, research institutes and civil society into sustainable cooperation. to work in a sustainable cooperation as well as developing new regional and local chains (e.g. food chains). The Regional Cooperatives (e.g. in the regions of Westerkwartier and in other parts of the province of Groningen as well as in de city of Groningen) are awarded good practice of how to organize and implement such novel cooperation. The geographical focus of the professorship is the province and also city of Groningen, however, we do work together with international partners.
The professorship of Sustainable Cooperative Enterpreneurship is expanding and is looking for a colleague in the role of Junior Researcher.
Place in the organization
As a junior researcher you work at the professorship Sustainable Cooperative Entrepreneurship as a member of the research group, under the responsibility of the Sustainable Cooperative Entrepreneurship within the faculty of law under the responsibility of Professor Willem Foorthuis. This professorship has, as its main goals, to execute research and publish the results as well as coordinating projects surrounding their research topics.
As junior researcher you support others in and execute your own research and thus contribute to the (scientific) publishing thereof. You do this by performing scientific research around the topic of sustainable cooperative enterpreneurship, possibly in collaboration with international partner universities. You focus on generating knowledge that contributes to creating symbiosis between education, government and the workfield. You are able to transfer practical observations into scientific models and conclusions. You support our research group in various projects as to research and design towards regional resilience. In addition, you will be adding to our body of knowledge on next practice and methodology as to regional ecosystems and cooperatives. By applying methodological, reflective and educational skills you must be able to apply insights on a micro-, meso- and macro level in order to effectively execute impactful research.
Your key responsibilities:
- literature review in English and Dutch;
- data analysis and full reporting;
- cooperation with senior researchers who will directly coach and train you;
- cooperation with regional and international stakeholders;
- contribution to preparing proposals for national and European research and cooperation programmes;
- contribution to publications and / or otherwise high value sharing of research results;
- (co-)organising operations at the regional Innovation Workplaces, amongst others by preparing seminars and meeting;
- recruiting and organizing students in order for them to do research for / work with the professorship.
You will build capacity and experience in a broad range of research domains, both within the projects you are involved in, and within scientific research reflections.
- A completed research master (MSc), preferably with a multidisciplinary focus/approach, in a field such as business, finance or marketing. (preferably Economics or International Business), with a solid research capacity and interest;
- tangible experience with regional research, database analysis and project management will give you a head start;
- profound knowledge of English (oral and written); Dutch at native speaker level and/or any other language is an asset;
- adequate skills in various areas of word processing, spreadsheets and presentation tools are expected, as well as good oral and written presentation skills;
- experience with (collaborating on and supporting of) writing of scientific publications;
- tangible project management skills;
- proven interest in the research topic of the professorship;
- international experience.
- Entre- and intrapreneurial;
- indendent team player;
- excellent communication skills;
- analytical mind;
- result-oriented & proactive;
- systematic & organizational orientation;
- creative, humorous & fun to work with.
We offer you the possibility to gain research practice in various research domains en to expand your network. You can work in an informal, inspiring, surprising, fast paced and innovative culture where chances for personal development and learning opportunities are ample. You can join a highly passionate and dedicated team where innovation and forward thinking are stimulated and where education and research skills are professionalized and we operate in an open and transparent environment within the university and diverse stakeholders’ businesses in which everyone is invited to participate.
Terms of EmploymentThe starting date is 1 September 2019. The duration of the appointment is 6 months with the possibility of an extension (based on performance). You will be appointed as a practical education instructor, scale 9, in accordance with the provisions of the CAO HBO. The salary amounts to a minimum of € 2,581 and a maximum of € 3,815 gross per month for a full-time job. .
For more information about this position you can contact Willem Foorthuis, professor sustainable cooperative entrepreneurship, telephone number +31(0)6-10885963.
The interviews will take place on Wednesday 28 August or Thursday 29 August 2019.
This vacancy has been opened internally and externally at the same time. Employees who work at Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen have priority over external candidates.
Acquisition as a result of this advertisement is not appreciated.
Reageer op deze vacature