Technologist Structure & Function
Where you will be working?
Avebe started as “Aardappelmeel Verkoop Bureau” in 1919. At that time only to improve sales for several independent potato starch cooperatives. Now, a 100 years later, we are continuously producing and improving solutions based on potato starch and proteins for food, industry and animal feed. The Avebe cooperative has even grown to a global market leader in potato starch.
Your work location is the Innovation Center in Groningen. This is a modern workplace where collaboration is a central topic. In this building you will find the laboratory, a pilot plant, offices and a customer experience center. We look for collaboration outside the organization as well. There is a good connection with students, researchers, start-ups and high school/universities on the Zernike Campus. Together we create more value!
The Product- and Process Development Centre (PPDC) within Innovation focuses on the development of high added value products and processes based on Avebe’s key technologies. PPDC department consists of five teams being Process Development- and Design, Nutrition and Health, Structure & Function, Functional Ingredients & Technology Development, Analytical Development & Science.
The department Structure & Function (S&F) is responsible to measure structure-function relationships of food ingredients and to develop methods to measure structure and functionality of starch- and proteins based ingredients or a combination thereof. The department will identify and measure structure-function relationships based upon the needs in the market. These functionalities will be used to substantiate value propositions which will provide Avebe a competitive edge in defined market segments. Moreover, S&F department develops knowledge and expertise to measure structure function relations. This results in methods to characterize functional properties.
Task & Responsibilities
In this function you will report to the Manager S&F within PPDC at Avebe Innovations. You will coordinate and build up knowledge in relationship between the structure of food ingredients and their functionality. Typical analytical methods that you will be working with are, Reometry to determine the gelling behavior, DSC, RVA, Texture analyser. You will also work and develop specific methods to determine specific behavior.
You feel at home at a food lab and like being creative and solution driven. You are capable to lead and coahc a small technical team. Witin Avebe we work via a Stage gate project structure. You will become the lab-coordinator for the general food lab, where S&F conducts most if it's research. You help and coach the other lab employees to work safely, clean and effective. You will be in contact with external parties where you are able to understand the need of our customers and partners and translate this into solutions. Because of your effort and work we are able to convince our customers of our value propositions.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in Food technology, Chemistry or similar education;
- Relevant working experience and knowledge in the field of structure and functionality relations; Reology experience and know how is an advantage;
- experienced with working on a food lab, or seeing this a great new opportunity, and able to coach our colleges to work safely,clean and effective;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Some years of experience in a relevant field is an advantage.
Skills & Attitude
- Goal oriented;
- Teamplayer able to perform in a cross functional team;
- likes working on the lab.
What do we offer?
In Avebe, we continuously search for employees who recognize themselves in the ambitions and core values of the company and want to contribute with passion and energy to the realization of our objectives!
- A competitive primary and secondary benefits package;
- An own collective labor agreement;
- A very good pension scheme;
- A challenging job in a dynamic environment;
- Interesting career opportunities;
- Plenty of room for personal development
- Possibility to follow professional training courses;
- There is a good relocation and accommodation allowance scheme for candidates from outside the Northern region.
If you are interested, please send your resume and motivation letter. For further information, please contact Chris Schaekens, Manager Structure & Function, +31615959013.
Are you the one we're looking for? Then respond before June 1st, 2023. You can find the vacancy on careers.avebe.com. An assessment or social media check can be part of the procedure.