Where will you be working?
Avebe started as “Aardappelmeel Verkoop Bureau” in 1919. At that time to improve sales for several independent potato starch cooperatives. Now, 100 years later, we are continuously producing and improving solutions based on potato starch and proteins for Food, Industrial and Feed. The Avebe cooperative has grown to a global market leader in potato starch and potato protein.
Innovation is at the heart of our company strategy. Within the IP department, we work on maximizing the protection of our investments in Innovations. Avebe is a recognized highly innovative company with unique products and technologies such as waxy potato starch, enzymatic modified clean label potato starch with unique functionalities in several Food applications. The latest well received Innovative product is Solanic, our native, functional, non-gm, non-allergenic vegetable potato protein which finds its way to all kind of customers around the world. In this enthusiastic, highly innovative and result oriented environment we look for a Dutch or European patent attorney with a drive to get maximum IP protection for Avebe.
Within the Intellectual Property Protection (IPP) we have a vacancy for a Patent Attorney. In this position, you will join the global team and assist in securing, protecting and actively building the Intellectual Property position of Avebe. As our new colleague you will deal with a broad variation of IP topics ranging from creation of Intellectual Property rights, ensuring freedom-to-operate, support in negotiations around IP in business deals, strategic decisions around innovation, competition mapping, defining business opportunities and acting as a true business partner to sales, marketing, business development and R&D.
Other responsibilities are:
- Defining and implementing the IPP Strategy in line with the Avebe Strategy;
- Developing, managing and guiding IP profiling, identifying white spots, leading brainstorms and identifying the most interesting patent projects;
- Driving organizational IP awareness through defining and implementing IP policies and guidelines;
- Monitoring and reporting on patent activities of competitors and customers;
- Leading patent portfolio management and reporting out to management and other stakeholders;
- Maximizing Avebe’s IP position by participating in cross functional teams;
- Supporting in negotiations with third parties;
- Initiating and maintaining partnerships and networks;
- Identifying additional value in licensing opportunities.
Education & experience
- MSc or PhD in (Bio) Chemical Engineering, Process Technology, Chemistry or Food Sciences; (preferably related to proteins)
- Registered Dutch Patent Attorney or European Patent Attorney;
- Several years of experience;
- Good understanding of the Dutch and English language, orally and writing.
- Organizational awareness
- Results & value-oriented
- Conceptual thinking
In Avebe, we continuously search for employees who want to contribute with passion and energy towards our motto Innovation by Nature! Avebe offers:
- Becoming part of a highly motivated, innovation driven team;
- A challenging job in a dynamic environment;
- Contributing to the increasing role of innovative & sustainable products in the Food industry;
- Interesting career opportunities;
- Plenty of room for personal development, possibility to follow professional training courses;
- A competitive primary and secondary benefits package;
- An own collective labor agreement;
- Enough holidays so that you can spend enough time with your family / friends;
- A very good pension scheme;
- A fitness allowance to give your last helping hand to a healthy life;
- There is a good relocation and accommodation allowance scheme for candidates from outside the Northern region.
Do you have any additional questions on this vacancy? Please contact Ronald Apeldoorn (ISC manager) +316 29595491
Are you the one we're looking for? Then respond before 15th of October, 2021. You can find the vacancy on careers.avebe.com
An assessment or social media check can be part of the procedure.