Teaching assistant practicum Chemistry (2.0 FTE)
Faculty of Science and Engineering
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Science and Engineering (FSE) of the University of Groningen encompasses education and research in Mathematics and Informatics, Natural Sciences and Life Sciences (including Pharmacy). The vacant positions are in the Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering (USSE) of the FSE. The USSE is responsible for all bachelor programmes of the FSE.
Chemistry practicals play a crucial role in the bachelors of chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacy and life science. We are looking for teaching assistants for the practicals in chemistry for the Undergraduate School of Science and Engineering. The teaching assistant will provide intensive support to a large group of students of the bachelors of chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmacy and life science.
The teaching assistant will have the following tasks:
- preparation of practicals: prepare stock solutions and chemicals
- supervise and instruct large groups of students
- grade the labwork and reports of students
- manage and maintain the practical rooms, equipment and stock
- clean and maintenance of equipment.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- a bachelor degree in Chemistry or related disciplines
- good knowledge of written and spoken English
- good communication skills
- enthusiastic team player with a proactive and flexible attitude
- experience with (organic) chemistry practicals.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.We offer you in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary from a minimum of € 1.858,- up to a maximum of € 2.644,- (salary scale 5) gross per month for a full-time position
• a holiday allowance of 8% gross annual income
• an 8.3% year-end bonus.
This position is temporary for a period of 12 months.
The preferred starting date is 1 October 2019.
You can submit your application until 9 September 11.59pm / before 10 September 2019 Dutch local time (CEST) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://nvp-plaza.nl/download/?id=7714
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 219421-43