Employee (Digital) Assessment support (1.0 FTE)
Center for Information Technology
University of Groningen
The University of Groningen (RUG) provides high-quality education and research, is internationally oriented, honours differences in ambitions and talents, works actively with the business community, governments and citizens, and is one of the top European universities.
Operating at the interface of IT and educational support, the (Digital) Assessment Support team provides fast, efficient and qualitatively very good educational support to lecturers at the University of Groningen, Hanze University of Applied Sciences and a number of external parties in the area of their testing practice with mc examinations, essay examinations and the development of digital exams. Expansion of formation is necessary because the number of digital exams to be supervised per year increases significantly.
- assisting teachers in setting up and administering digital tests
- contribute to quality improvement of support in digital exams
- processing and correcting optically readable exams with the aid of OMR for analysis purposes
- processing re-analyses and grading of exams
- advising lecturers on the results of the analyses, on the determination of the cut off score and on the score – grade transformation
- give workshops and training on demand about (digital) testing and assessment
- carrying out projects with the aim of increasing the quality of examinations and the assessment process.
- (applied) university level
- good IT knowledge and skills, preferably also of Blackboard
- substantive knowledge of test theory and statistics
- error-free processing of numerical data, even in busy examination periods
- be able to plan and execute independently
- be able to work well in a team
- communicative, socially skilled, customer-oriented and enthousiastic
- can give workshops, training on demand and presentations
- good command of English and Dutch.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on education and experience in the position of Employee Education Development from a minimum of € 2,709 (salary scale 9 Dutch Universities) up to a maximum of € 4,084 (scale 10) gross per month for a full-time position. This is an employment contract with an appointment for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of an extension.
An assessment can be part of the selection procedure.
You may apply for this position until 22 February / before 23 February 2018 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Rolf Klein Hegeman
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 218003E