(Junior) Admissions Officers (1.6 fte)
University of Groningen
Office of the University
The University of Groningen (UoG) has the ambition to increase the influx of international students in her bachelor and master programmes. The Admissions Office plays a central role in this ambition. All applications from (mainly) international students for bachelor- and master programmes at the University of Groningen are dealt with through one central Admissions Office. The Admissions Office is positioned within the unit Student Information & Administration (SI&A) of the department of Education & Students, within the Central Office of the University. The Admissions team currently consists of one Head of Admissions, 20 Admissions Officers and 3 Front office Admissions Assistants.
The Admissions Office supports applicants, the faculties and the Admission Boards in the application and admission process, from the first inquiry about entry requirements until the start of the programme. The Admissions Office in its present form started October 2014 and is growing. We are looking for colleagues to fulfil this growth of 1.6 fte. Depending on experience and preference for tasks a position in scale 7 or 8 is available.
The Admissions Office is located at the Academy Building of the University.
The unit Student Information & Administration has several vacancies for the function of (junior) Admissions Officer.
As an Admissions Officer you are responsible for the admission procedure for international and other (non-standard) applicants of a selected number of Bachelor and/or Master programmes of the UoG. This involves intensive email contact with students about admission, financial issues, housing, enrollment etc. The admissions tasks include:
The execution of the admissions process for candidates of the programmes you support:
• collecting and completing application files
• assessing and verifying candidates' educational credentials both with regard to level and content
• advising the Admissions Board on admission of candidates
• execution of the Admissions Board's decision (making offer letters)
• formalising the offer (collecting all official documents for full registration as a student).
Communicate with and support candidates before and during their admissions process:
• answering to information requests before application
• all communication with regard to the tasks mentioned above
• sending out offer letters and information about practical matters (accommodation, travel, finances, living in Groningen, etcetera).
We are looking for candidates who possess:
• a university of applied science (HBO) educational level
• relevant work experience in the field of higher education at a higher education institution or (semi) governmental education body, preferably related to admission
• proven strength in administrative processes and good computer skills (MS-Office). Knowledge of UoG systems Progress.NET, ProgressWWW and Online Application system is an advantage
• proven ability to work under pressure
• an excellent command of the English language (minimum level C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR)) and Dutch (minimum level B2 CEFR). Knowledge of a third language is an advantage
• excellent communicative skills and experience in dealing with persons who have different and diverse cultural backgrounds
• thorough knowledge of automated data files/databases
• a result and service-oriented attitude and quick learner.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.
The University of Groningen offers, depending on qualifications and work experience, a salary from € 2,131 (scale 7 for junior admissions officer) gross per month up to a maximum of € 3.247 (scale 8 for senior admissions officer) gross per month for a fulltime (1.0 fte) position (Collective Labour Agreement Dutch Universities, available in English on http://www.vsnu.nl). The position is defined according to the UFO job profile 'medewerker studentenzaken'. The function of (junior) Admissions Officer is available on a temporary basis, for the period of (maximum) one year. After the first employment, extension might be possible, depending on the organizational development of the Admissions Office and the staff member’s performance. This position requires an availability of minimum 0.6 fte, preferably 0.8-1.0 fte. Interviews will be held in the week of 12 December until 16 December. Application You may apply for this position until 1 December / before 2 December Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Acquisition is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 3151.
For additional information, please contact:
Ms. M. (Mariska) Roze, Head of Admissions office UoG, (Mo.-Fri. from 9.00 to 13.00 hours)
+31 50 3637073,
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T082-85216
Digital application form