Industry Relations Officer
Do you want to contribute to ground-breaking education in the field of hospitality?
Hotel Management School NHL Stenden is looking for a
Industry Relations Officer
0,8 - 1,0 fte
Working on world-wise innovation forms the basis for all our plans and actions.
Where will you be working
Hotel Management School NHL Stenden (HMS) is an international institute with approximately 3100 students and over 115 employees. The academy offers ‘real world’, internationally oriented educational programs, designed to prepare students for operational and management positions in the hospitality industry, and other service-related companies. HMS programs are delivered at national and international branch campuses.
In this position you are responsible for designing, implementing and evaluating processes, which aim to achieve the strategic goal of the Hotel Management School. For some of the processes, you will be the responsible person to execute the process, and in consultation or collaboration with your colleagues, you may also decide that the process (or implementation of the idea) fits better in the curriculum. You are responsible for a shift in the organizational culture and in the organizational structure. Obviously, you do not work as an individual, but you are part of the result responsible teams.
Together with colleagues you formulate goals for the desired change of the industry relation office and structure to propose to management.
You align the needs for change with the current policies and processes and create support from the team to develop and implement initiatives and ideas so that the desired changes can be made.
- You report directly to the Academy Director.
- You are member of the Management Team.
- You work for and with all staff members of the Hotel Management School, including the Star-team members.
- You engage with the NHL Stenden Hospitality Group.
Our Manifesto is key within the Hotel Management School. You will embed the concept of Hostmanship from the perspective of hospitality within our organization. In order to give meaning for the Academy to the concept Hostmanship, you will work closely with our International Industry Board
What will you be doing
It is your job to create and maintain a strong network with sustainable industry partners and stakeholders from the industry and research areas by developing one central office.
Your job is divided into three areas:
- Connecting the outside world with our organization.
- To start up cross-disciplinary research and Design Based Education challenges with the industry.
- Creating future proof customer relations management
In everything you do, you make sure to involve your colleagues and students.
1. Connecting the outside world with our organization
- You implement our industry office with the current team of placement support.
- You analyze the needs of the students, employees and industry.
- You make an inventory and conduct research into resources and tools that contribute to alumni.
- You translate the outcome of this research, analysis and inventory into action plans and decide together with the team who is responsible for account and connection with the industry.
- Representative to all external activities with the industry, alumni and stakeholders.
2. To start up cross-disciplinary research and DBE challenges with the industry.
- You are responsible to stimulate improvement in the DBE challenges, external involvement, placement opportunities, commercial trainings and shared responsibility.
Based on your research and analysis, you will specify and elaborate on above mentioned areas and if needed expend this scope. And find ways how we can all cooperate on fulfillment of our employees’ basic need for security, attention, appreciation and 'the feeling of belonging', regardless the role within our Academy.
3. The process side of our organization
- You are responsible to design and implement a supporting industry relation structure.
- You create a sustainable overview of all activities (to be) carried out by our organization.
- You design processes concerning the operational delivery of our curriculum.
- You are responsible for the interconnection and implementation of above-mentioned aspects.
- Create more visibility by developing digital channels to connect with our stakeholders and students and express our innovative and progressive role in hospitality and beyond.
Who are we looking for
In this position you have:
- Extensive knowledge of and insight in the hospitality industry.
- Experience within setting up and maintaining different areas of international networks in hospitality.
- Demonstrable knowledge of management, research and coaching.
- Demonstrable ambassador for staff members in all different network organization of the Hotel Management School.
- Developed skills in servant leadership.
- A master’s degree.
Other required characteristics and skills are:
- Communicative, emphatic, honest, skilled in listening.
- Trustworthy, positive, constructive, connecting, genuine, reliable.
- Able to unravel and simplify complex processes and to transfer to the team.
- Organized, structured, analytical.
- You are the hospitality.
- You live ‘Hostmanship’ and ‘Servant Leadership’, you give meaningful content to those concepts.
- You see the whole and can connect the details in order to improve the big picture.
- You dare to be the game changer in hospitality and beyond.
- You care for, appreciate and value every individual, regardless of position or background.
Suitable applicants will be considered for the position of Project Leader C, job scale 12 (max EUR 5.717,25).
This role is initially for the period of 3 years. The task areas are subject to structural evaluation. After two years a final evaluation will take place. Based on this evaluation a new task description can be designed.
About NHL Stenden University of applied Sciences
It happens because we make it happen. That is what we believe at NHL Stenden. We offer our students the opportunity to develop skills and fulfill their potential as learners and professionals. In a challenging environment, they give direction to their study and professional growth. We maintain strong bonds with companies and organisations in both the region and abroad. As an international, multi-campus university of applied sciences we stimulate our students to look beyond their own professional field to develop new knowledge and to participate in innovative projects. We create meeting places where knowledge flows and cultures come together and where new connections with the professional field are made. In an ambitious way, NHL Stenden provides knowledge that works.
Are you the connecting and inspiring colleague that we are looking for? Please send your letter of application and CV via the application button to Marco ten Hoor, stating vacancy number 2590 HMS.
For more information about the position please contact Marco ten Hoor, academy director.
06 15 05 54 40.
The deadline date for applications is 21 March 2021.
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.