Food & Beverage Manager
Are you a passionate and innovative hospitality professional eager to lead a dynamic team and elevate our Restaurant to new heights, all while putting student development at the core of our operations? We're searching for an exceptional Food and Beverage Manager to not only oversee our diverse range of operations but also prioritise providing unparalleled learning experiences for our aspiring hospitality professionals.
Food & Beverage Manager
Restaurant Wannee: the future of food
Honesty is the best policy. It’s an old proverb and at Restaurant Wannee, we know better than anyone that honesty also tastes the best by far. We push the boundaries by providing dishes that are fair, flavourful, honest, with no artificial flavourings, and where methods of preparation play a key role. Besides striving for taste, we also pay attention to the impact our eating habits have on the planet. At Restaurant Wannee, this is the future of food. As a learning environment, together with students at Hotel Management School NHL Stenden we create a culinary experience for our guests.
Who are we looking for?
As a student-centric Food & Beverage Manager, your role is more than just managing operations of our restaurant; it's about being an integral part of the management team and empowering students as future leaders and game changers.
As a F&B Manager you will fulfil the following roles:
In both educational as organisational aspect:
- Advises on the consequences of proposed policy for the implementation of work processes.
- Ensures the (further) development and coordination of processes, procedures and services in the area of attention.
- Contributes to the implementation of policy and ensures the implementation of processes, procedures, and services in the field of attention.
- Ensures and directs the department's activity and annual plan.
- Ensures the preconditions within which employees can give shape to their responsibilities.
- Monitors, analyses and evaluates the effects of activities, finds bottlenecks in implementation and adjusts.
- Periodically reports on progress (in the form of management reports).
- Oversees budgeting and strategic decision making in collaboration with the organisational needs.
- Leads the team and conducts the interviews in the interview cycle.
- Focuses on connection, trust and development of employees and the team.
- Improving service by communicating and aiding students to understand guest needs.
- Supplying guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed for students and team members.
- Coaches students regarding work practices, practical assignments, research and/or the use of study materials, machines and instruments, amongst other things.
- Evaluates the students’ work and gives specific feedback.
- Uses tests/feedback to support and assess students in their learning process.
- Coaches the Senior Practical facilitators regarding work, educational questions, leadership questions and HR related tasks.
- Has strong affinity and applies 21st century skills.
- Maintains and expands internal and external networks.
- Maintains contacts with suppliers, requests quotes and conducts contract negotiations.
- Works in a management team and their own team on the common tasks.
- Actively stimulates teambuilding at all levels
- Participates in networks and projects inside and outside the organisation and contributes to the transfer of knowledge and actively shares knowledge and experiences.
- Actively seeks input for personal development.
As a F&B Manager your responsibilities are:
Overall Operations Management: You will be responsible for overseeing the daily operations of Restaurant Wannee. This includes ensuring smooth functioning, adherence to quality standards, and efficient service delivery.
Student Focus: As a forward-thinking F&B Manager, you will dedicate attention to fostering a student-friendly environment and aligning services to meet the unique needs and preferences of our students. Implement strategies to engage with students, tailor our education to their desired learning outcomes, and optimise our curriculum to further improve their student careers.
Staff Management: You will oversee recruiting, training, and managing the staff working in the restaurant. This involves scheduling shifts, monitoring performance, providing feedback, and addressing any disciplinary issues that may arise.
Customer Service and Satisfaction: You will oversee the implementation of customer service standards, handle customer feedback and complaints, and work towards continuously improving the overall customer experience.
Marketing and Promotions: Collaborating with the marketing team, to contribute to the development and execution of marketing campaigns and promotional activities. This includes social media engagement, loyalty programs, special events, and partnerships to attract and retain customers.
Performance Analysis and Reporting: Regularly analysing key performance indicators (KPIs) such as sales figures, customer feedback, and operational metrics is essential. Prepare reports, identify areas for improvement, and develop strategies to enhance overall performance.
Knowledge and skills
- Broad theoretical knowledge in area of interest and understanding of organizational, process and subject matter coherence in broader context than own area of interest.
- Skilled in leadership.
- Advisory skills.
- Empowering everyone to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent theoretical and practical knowledge in the educational field.
- Excellent knowledge of and insight into developments in the professional field.
- Skilled at instructing and motivating students.
- Skilled at planning and developing learning activities, methods, working practices and (practical) assignments.
- Good level of English (Cambridge level C1 or equivalent)
- A bachelor's degree – or the willingness to obtain one.
- An educational didactic endorsement – or willingness to obtain one.
As Food and Beverage Manager, you have contact:
- With management and staff on processes, procedures and service delivery in the department's area of focus to align.
- Various executive stakeholders from within NHL Stenden and other related organisations that visit our restaurant or attend meetings and events.
- With Management Team to align daily operations with all departments and to ensure strategic objectives are kept at top priority continuously .
- With lecturers, facilitators and coaches regarding the coaching of students, for coordination purposes.
- With suppliers of materials regarding purchase and delivery to reach agreements.
- Do you see yourself reflected in the qualities mentioned above, or do you not fully meet them but still have an interest? If so, you might be the perfect fit for our team as new Food & Beverage Manager!
We would like to introduce ourselves:
NHL Stenden Hospitality Group: the flavour of your day!
A good cup of coffee to start the day, a tasty lunch in the restaurant or ending the day with a drink in the café. Without our guests noticing it, we flavour their day. It is about time we introduce ourselves. We are NHL Stenden Hospitality Group (NHG). Every day we make sure that the employees of our ten outlets are ready to serve you. From Notiz Hotel and Restaurant Wannee to the Espresso Bar and Café IF: we are your fuel for the day. We are also a pilot kitchen for our students, who gain practical experience in various departments at all our outlets. This is how we reap the benefits of NHL Stenden Hospitality Group together.
Are you enthusiastic and curious about what we have to offer you? Then take another minute to read more about this unique job below.
We offer you this
A versatile and dynamic position in an organisation that is rapidly evolving and where there is a lot of focus on personal development and room for own initiative and ideas. Your gross salary will be, depending on your knowledge and experience and, at a salary range of € 3.370,00 - € 5.019,73 gross per month for a full-time job based on scale 10 of the compensation and benefits of NHG.
NHG also offers attractive terms and conditions including many opportunities in personal and career development, participation in collective health insurance and an employer vitality plan. Other conditions include a structural end of year bonus of 8.3%, paid parental leave, a bicycle scheme and travel compensation as well as other insurance schemes.
The contract is initially for the duration of 1 year but can be extended after successful completion of this period.
Does this vacancy appeal to you? Apply today! Send your motivation and CV (in 1 file), before 3rd October via the application button addressed to Shaun Broers and stating the vacancy number 3211 NHG. The interviews are planned on 10th October
For substantive questions about the position, please contact Shaun Broers, Director NHG, telephone number +316-30297313.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.