Catering Operational Staff Member
Are you passionate about delivering exceptional service? Do you thrive in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment? Look no further – Campus Catering is seeking talented individuals like you to join our dynamic operational staff!
Campus Catering: Food for your mood!
Campus Catering gives you a taste of the world. From a poke bowl to a traditional Dutch sandwich, from espresso pick-me-up to frothy blonde beer, our outlets are perfect for getting you fueled up. Eat, study or brainstorm: we’ll always have the right ingredients to match your taste and needs. Whatever you order, it’s fresh from the block. In fact, we tap, stir-fry, roast or prepare your order while you wait, at the bar, on location or at your event.
Who are we looking for?
As an Operational Staff Member you are responsible for assisting in operational activities for a particular unit. Based on the role or roles you fulfil, you contribute as a team member to the result responsible team and the ambitions of the organization.
As a Catering Operational Staff Member you will fulfil the following four roles:
- Oversees a clean and safe working and learning environment and identifies deficiencies.
- Supervises individuals, compliance with house rules and regulations.
- Performs a variety of unified executive duties.
- Takes care of the preparation, layout and elaboration of products/services.
- Administers data.
- Receives and refers visitors.
- Answers questions from students, visitors and staff of a general nature.
- Works in the results-responsible team on the common tasks.
- Contributes to the knowledge transfer and actively shares knowledge and experiences.
- Actively seeks feedback and feedforward for personal development.
As a Catering Operational Staff your responsibilities includes:
- Food Service: May work behind serving counters, at buffet stations, or as part of a waitstaff team. Have knowledge about the dishes being served and be able to answer any questions guests may have.
- Cleanliness and Sanitation: Maintaining a clean and hygienic work environment to ensure that food preparation areas, utensils, and equipment are cleaned and sanitized regularly. You may also assist in dishwashing
- Inventory and Stock Management: Be involved in managing inventory and stock levels. This includes monitoring supplies, restocking ingredients, and reporting any shortages to the appropriate personnel. To assist with inventory counts and food ordering.
- Food Safety and Quality Control: Adhere to food safety standards and protocols such as ISO & HACCP. Follow proper hygiene practices, monitor food temperatures, and handle ingredients correctly to prevent contamination.
- Customer Service: Be polite, friendly, and responsive to guests' needs and requests. You may need to handle customer complaints or special dietary requirements and accommodate any specific preferences.
- Event Setup and Cleanup: Responsible for setting up the event space, arranging tables and chairs, and decorating the dining area. After the event, assist in cleaning up and restoring the venue to its original state.
Knowledge and skills:
- General technical knowledge in the field.
- Insight into the organization and its working methods.
- Skilled in customer service to students, visitors and staff.
As a Catering Operational Staff Member you have contact:
- With employees about the execution of work to exchange information.
- With third parties about work to explain the assignment and provide guidance in the execution.
Do you recognise yourself in the points above? Then you might just be our new Operational Staff Member!
We would like to introduce ourselves:
NHL Stenden Hospitality Group: the flavor of your day
A good cup of coffee to start the day, a tasty lunch in the restaurant or ending the day with a drink in the café. Without our guests noticing it, we flavor their day. We are NHL Stenden Hospitality Group (NHG). Every day we make sure that the employees of our ten outlets are ready to serve you. From Notiz Hotel and Restaurant Wannee to the Espressobar and Café IF: we are your fuel for the day. We are also a pilot kitchen for our students, who gain practical experience in various departments at all our outlets. This is how we reap the benefits of NHL Stenden Hospitality Group together.
Are you enthusiastic and curious about what we have to offer you?
We offer you this:
A versatile and dynamic position in an organisation that is rapidly evolving and where there is a lot of focus on personal development and room for own initiative and ideas. Your gross salary will be, depending on your knowledge, experience and thus job level, salary range of € 1,916.74 - € 2,356.75 gross per month for a full-time job based on scale 2 of the compensation and benefits of NHG.
NHG also offers attractive terms and conditions including many opportunities in personal and career development, participation in collective health insurance and an employer vitality plan. Other conditions include a structural end of year bonus of 8.3%, paid parental leave, a bicycle scheme and travel compensation as well as other insurance schemes.
The operational hours align with the outlet's opening hours – Monday to Friday from 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM. Note that flexibility in working hours may be required to accommodate peak periods or special events.
The contract is initially for the duration of 1 year and can be extended after successful completion of this period.
Does the idea of joining our vibrant team pique your interest? Apply today! Send your motivation and CV (in 1 file) via the application button addressed to Human Resources and stating the vacancy number 3149 NHG.