Lecturer-researcher International Business
International Business School
Are you passionate about subjects such as Entrepreneurship, Marketing, Sustainability and Finance? And do you want to be part of a dynamic team and inspire international students? Then this is your chance!
The International Business School (IBS), part of Hanze University Groningen, is looking for two driven and experienced new colleagues for the position of Lecturer-researcher International Business.
What you will do
As a lecturer-researcher, you are responsible for developing (completed parts of) the teaching and providing education, supervising students, and conducting practice-oriented research. From the role(s) you fulfil, as a team member you contribute to the team's results and the organisation's ambitions. Examples are:
- Educator: You will optimally convey the subject matter to students with a variety of learning needs and learning styles. Ask questions and give feedback effectively. You motivate and develop every student in line with his/her learning needs. You will assess students on their educational achievements.
- Coach: You guide students in their projects and assignments. You strive to provide tailor-made support.
- Developer: You identify and analyse trends in your field and develop new or existing parts of study programmes.
- Researcher: You conduct or collaborate in research, contribute to publications, and integrate your findings into education.
- Organiser: Clearly map out all of the necessary tasks and give an overview of the big picture. You will establish links between a wide variety of different tasks in order to boost effectiveness and achieve goals. Evaluates and safeguards the progress, quality, and quantity of education.
- Team member: You work with colleagues on joint projects and contribute to knowledge sharing within and outside the organisation. You participate in achieving IBS mission and vision.
We are looking for new colleagues who have expertise in at least two of the following areas:
- Sustainability and (new) business models
- International finance
- Economics and new economic realities
- International and digital marketing
In addition, we would like these new colleagues to also integrate the following subjects:
- Project management
- Research (teaching and implementation)
- Corporate social responsibility and sustainability
The new Lecturer-researcher will be engaged mainly in the bachelor education preferably and allocated to a team and specific Head of Education as hierarchical superior.
Where you will work
In order to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, who are ready to add value to business and society, the International Business School (IBS) offers the following English-taught programmes: International Business (IB), 3- and 4-year bachelor programmes, Master in International Business & Management (MBA) and a Master of Interdisciplinary Business Professional (MSc). With around 1,500 students from all over the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, the most noticeable characteristic of IBS is its international atmosphere. The language of communication within IBS is English.
What we ask of you
You teach effectively and in a structured way, using different styles of behaviour and skills. Even under pressure, you deliver results and work transparently. This is partly due to the use of your excellent planning, control, and execution skills. Furthermore, you are an open-minded and independent team player with a sense of humour who appreciates cultural diversity. What else do we ask?
- Master's degree or PhD or PhD candidate in a relevant field.
- At least 5 years of practical experience and a valid work permit in the Netherlands.
- Vision for teaching and applied research (with a view to further educational development).
- Excellent ability to speak and write in English (at least B-2 level).
- Digitally proficient and experienced in project-based work and conducting applied research.
- Culturally aware and can work well in an international environment.
- Can work simultaneously on hard (i.e. procedures) and soft (i.e. cultural) aspects.
Employment conditions- An appointment for 0.8 FTE. Starting date by mutual agreement. - A one-year contract with the possibility of extension. - A gross monthly salary of minimum € 3,896 and maximum € 5,936 for a full-time appointment and in accordance with CAO-HBO (scale 11, teacher-researcher A). - A holiday allowance of 8% and a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%. - A maximum of 53 days off and, in addition, you can make use of sustainable employability hours and home working facilities. - The opportunity to continuously professionalise yourself through our Hanze PL Academy. .
Curious to know more?
Patrícia Duarte Almeida, Head of Education at the International Business School, will be happy to tell you more. You can reach her by email email@example.com, or by phone at 06-36597038. Please do not use this email address for your application (click on Apply-button).
Will you become our new colleague?
Then send your resume and motivation, written in English, via the application button.
- Interviews will be on: Friday 20 October 2023.
- This vacancy is open simultaneously internally and externally. Employees working at Hanze University Groningen have priority over external candidates.
- We ask new employees to apply for a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG) upon commencement of employment. The costs for this will be reimbursed by Hanze UAS.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Apply for this vacancy