Management Assistant for Head of Education
International Business School
The International Business School, one of the 20 schools of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), is currently looking for an enthusiastic Management Assistant for Head of Education (0,3 FTE job).
IBS offers a versatile education in International Business, both at bachelor and master level.
The teaching language is English except of the partly German taught classes of Betriebswirtschaft in year one. Furthermore, IBS offers the international master programmes Master of Business Administration (MBA), Master in International and Business Management and Master Interdisciplinary Business Professional (MSc).
The International Business School provides Higher Education to 1,500 students from over 70 different nationalities. Faculty and staff, around 90 from approximately 20 nationalities, have diverse backgrounds in international business and education. IBS is the most international school of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (UAS) in Groningen.
The IBS-management team consists of the dean, three heads of education and a head of operations. The management assistant gives support to the head of education that is responsible for the MBA, MIBM and research.
You will be part of the IBS-administration team that consists of approximately 20 employees under which the head of operations, students from the info desk, management assistants and employees for educational support.
The language of communication within IBS is English.
- Manage (confidential) correspondence: draft letters, reports, policy documents, answer e-mails, distribute incoming and outgoing mail and copy and distribute information;
- Coordinate the agenda and appointments for the head of education;
- Manage archives, processing administrative data etc.;
- Prepare and organize meetings: make concept agendas, take minutes/action lists, distribute related documents and keep track that the action lists are completed;
- General secretarial activities such as organizing catering, room reservations, teacher appointments, student actions etc.;
- Organize the graduation ceremony.
Management Assistant tasks:
- Assist in the administrative process of keeping track of data and making excel sheets in which trends are shown (drop-out rates etcetera);
- provide information to external contacts on issues relating to IBS, verbally and written;
- In due course an in-depth knowledge of the structure/ requirements of the programme will be expected so that the heads of education can be assisted with educational issues that arise;
- Assist the educational support team by following up on actions related to the activities of the educational team managers and ensures that appropriate follow up is taken.
- Preferably secretarial degree. Preferably executive secretary at MBO+/ HBO level;
- Several years of experience as secretary is mandatory (preferably at Hanze UAS);
- Languages: good oral and written fluency in English and Dutch.
- A very good use of Ms Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etcetera;
- Organizational and planning skills required as well as flexibility;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Able to work independently as well as in a team.
Conditions of EmploymentDate of entrance will be as soon as possible. It concerns a temporary position for a period of approximately one year with the possibility to extend the contract. Appointment takes place according to the conditions stated in the legal provision of the CAO-hbo. The function scale is 7. The salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 2.214 and a gross maximum of € 3.077 per month based on a full time position. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University. .
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Ms. Monique Overmeer, head of operations, telephone number 050-595 3336.
Please enclose your application letter written in English.
Should you have questions using the digital application form (Apply-button), please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number 050-595 7505.
The job interviews will take place on Tuesday 18 May 2021.
This vacancy is internal and external published; this means that employees of Hanze University of Applied Sciences are preferred over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy