Programme Manager | Opleidingsmanager International Communication
Instituut voor Communicatie, Media & IT
The school of Communication, Media & IT, one of the schools of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), is currently looking for a Programme Manager | Opleidingsmanager (0.8-1.0 FTE).
Do you appreciate cultural diversity and does an informal leadership style suit you? Then take a moment to consider this vacancy for Programme Manager!
As a Programme Manager, you will be responsible for the effective management of the bachelor International Communication for 500 students (43 different nationalities). It is your main goal to uphold and continuously improve the quality, execution, evaluation and adjustment of the bachelor programme International Communication. You inspire, motivate and facilitate on professional as well as personal development in order to contribute to the quality of the bachelor International Communication. The team consists out of 25 employees with 10 different nationalities.
You will be part of the management team for the School of Communication, Media & IT. Coorporation with the other Programme Managers within SCMI is an important part of your activities.
Some other specific responsibilities will be
- Quality assurance and curriculum development of the programme (together with the programme manager of the Dutch major Communicatie);
- HRM for your staff;
- Optimalise processes within the team;
- Team budget;
- Organisation of staff planning/task allocation in the team;
- Connection with Research and professional field in innovation labs.;
- Internationalisation School of Communication, Media & ICT.
Who are we looking for
You are a people manager with management competences for the higher education sector, who can help strengthen the continuous improvement effort of our education. You understand the needs of our lecturers and you have a clear vision on education. Because of the diversity of the team you haven intercultural competence and an open mind towards other cultures. Furthermore you have a strong vision on lectureship and a great sense of humour!
Requirements and competences
- Academic background: Master/ PhD;
- Strong management skills and style flexibility;
- Experience in managing budgets;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken;
- Able to work simultaneously on hard (i.e. procedures) and soft (i.e. cultural) aspects;
- Experience in working in an international environment and managing cultural differences;
- Broad knowledge and insight in the current situation and developments of Dutch professional higher education and applied research, curriculum development processes and quality management;
- Knowledge of Hanze policies -or soon to be acquired- for education, management procedures and finances.
Where are you going to work
You will be employed at the School of Communication, Media & IT (SCMI). SCMI is the biggest school within the Hanzehogeschool. You will be employed at the bachelor study International Communication. The Dean of SCMI will be your supervisor. The cluster Communication consists of one bachelor with two majors, Communication and International Communication, and the master International Communication.
International Communication (IC) is a study programme for inquisitive students who understand the effects that messages, news and campaigns have on society, who feel comfortable using modern communication technology and who consider the world as their home. The programme trains students to become communication professionals who build up trust and who are pro-active, innovative, creative, respectful and responsible. Sounds challenging, right? Over the last decades, modern communication methods have turned the world into a global village and ongoing technological innovation changes the field of communication at a rapid pace. This requires today's communication professionals to be able to adapt in a field that is constantly on the move.
What do we offerThe salary will amount to a gross minimum € 4.250,- and a gross maximum € 5.717,- per month based on a full time position. The function scale is 12 cao hbo. It concerns a structural vacancy in which we first offer an annual contract with the possibility to extend the contract. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. .
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from drs. Kuneke Schraagen (dean SCMI) at telephone number +31 (0)50-595 2569.
Should you have questions using the digital application form (Apply-button), please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
Will you be our new colleague?
Please send your resume and application.
- The (online) interviews (in English) will take place on Wednesday 10 March 2021.
- An assessment can be part of the procedure.
- This vacancy has an internal and external status. Employees who work at Hanze University of Applied Sciences take precedence over external candidates.
- A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimburse for the fee by the Hanze University.
A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University.
Apply for this vacancy