Project Leader/ Senior Researcher
Centrum voor Talent en Leren
Within the project STEAM+, we offer the following vacancy: Project Leader/Senior Researcher.
The Research Centre Talent Development in Higher Education and Society is looking for an experienced Project Leader/ Senior Researcher.
- Leading the transdisciplinary international project Innovating STE(A)M in Higher Education Through Transdisciplinary Talent Programs (STEAM+). Professor Marca Wolfensberger, who leads the Research Centre Talent Development in Higher Education and Society (TDHES), is project coordinator. However, for the day-to-day running of the project a large part of the work is in the hands of the project leader. The focus lies on organizing the project steering group; maintaining close contact with Work Package leaders and national coördinators as well as other project partners; collecting, analyzing and distributing data gathered in the project; streamlining internal and external project communication; and reporting to the funding agency.
- Contributing to the research agenda of the Research Centre Talent Development in Higher Education and Society (TDHES).
- Supervising a limited number of students involved in the project, and coordinating the roles of teachers and junior researchers.
- Co-creating and writing proposals for follow-up research projects.
- A finished doctorate or a Master’s degree and several years of experience in research and project management in a field related to the content of the STEAM+ project or educational research.
- Affinity with practice-oriented research. Understanding of and experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Affinity with the topic of talent development.
- International expertise and network.
- Experience with managing complex international projects, including a well-developed eye for cultural differences. Specific experience with leading and reporting on large EU-funded projects is desired.
- A pro-active, pragmatic and target-oriented approach in project management.
- The ability to structure and facilitate co-creation processes.
- An excellent understanding of both spoken and written English and preferably Dutch, or the intention to learn Dutch.
Organisation & department
Groningen is the place to be when it comes to knowledge and networks regarding talent development in higher education. Since 2009 Hanze UAS hosts a Research Centre with a focus that is unique worldwide, developing and sharing knowledge on talent development and honors education. Hanze’s leading position in these subjects is reflected in its coordinating role in several international projects, including the project Innovating STE(A)M in Higher Education Through Transdisciplinary Talent Programs (STEAM+).
The Research Centre Talent Development in Higher Education and Society (TDHES) conducts applied research related to talent development and honors programs in higher education. It is part of Hanze’s Centre for Talent, Teaching and Learning. Research Centre TDHES focuses on five interrelated research lines connecting students, lecturers, professional excellence, internationalization and the core values of honours. One of these lines is ‘International networks and significant changes as result of honours education’. Within this line, TDHES takes the lead in several international projects, including STEAM+. This is an international project focused on the innovation of educational policy (Erasmus+ KA3 FLCP), connecting eighteen partners in nine European countries, as well as 34 associate partners.
Terms of employmentIt concerns a 0.3 FTE position. The gross monthly salary will be at least € 3.453 ,- and no more than € 5.026,- in the case of full-time employment. The appointment will be made in accordance with the conditions of the collective employment agreement for higher professional education (CAO-HBO) and HG job matrix. The position is job grade 11. Extension of the appointment is possible. The EHOS lectorate is also looking for a post doc and a researcher for the effects of the Corona measures. This concerns a temporary 1-year appointment with the option of extension. The employment commencement date will be as soon as possible. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field..
For further information on this position, please contact Mr P.F. Veenstra, programme manager at the EHOS professorship at +316-1097 12 94.
If you encounter any problems while using the digital application form (Apply-button), please contact the P&O front office at +31 (0)50 595 7505 (until 23 December and from 4 January).
How to respond
You can respond to this vacancy by clicking on the Apply-button.
- All interviews will be held on the 26th, 27th or 28th of January 2021.
- This vacancy has semi-external status; Hanze University of Applied Sciences Groningen internal candidates are prioritised over external candidates.
- Before taking up the post, new employees must apply for a Certificate of Conduct (VOG). The costs of this will be borne by Hanze UAS.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy