Head of Education
International Business School
The International Business School, one of the schools of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (Hanzehogeschool Groningen), is currently looking for a Head of Education (0.8-1.0 FTE).
What do we expect from you
As a Head of Education, you will be responsible for the effective management of one of the educational teams. It is your main goal to uphold and continuously improve the quality, execution, evaluation and adjustment of the education in years 3 and 4 of the IB programme, PDCA-style. Operational excellence is always your aim. You inspire, motivate and facilitate faculty to work on professional as well as personal development in order to contribute to the quality of IBS programmes. Internationalisation will be part of your portfolio. Next to this, as a member of the IBS Management Team, you contribute pro-actively to the development and execution of IBS strategy and policy.
Requirements and competences
- Academic background: Master/ PhD
- 2+ years’ experience in coaching a team in a changing environment, preferably within an environment of (business) education
- Expertise in change management: vision on education (with a view to the further development of the IB programme), where the management of multidisciplinary ways of working and digitization are becoming increasingly important
- Strong management skills and style flexibility
- Experience in managing budgets
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and an excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Able to work simultaneously on hard (i.e. procedures) and soft (i.e. cultural) aspects
- Experience in working in an international environment and managing cultural differences
- Broad knowledge and insight in the current situation and developments of Dutch professional higher education and applied research, curriculum development processes and quality management
- Knowledge of Hanze policies -or soon to be acquired- for education, management procedures and finances.
Who are we looking for
You are an experienced people manager with management competences for the higher education sector, who can help strengthen the continuous improvement effort of our education and lead change processes resulting in the required development of IBS. You manage effectively and in a structured way and can use different styles of behaviour and skills, depending on what is needed. To achieve the required results in time you are able to work transparently and under pressure. Therefore, you have excellent planning, monitoring and execution skills. Furthermore, you are an open-minded and independent team player with a sense of humour, who appreciates and values cultural diversity.
Where are you going to work
In line with our mission, to prepare business professionals with a global mindset, who are ready to add value to business and society, the International Business School (IBS) offers the following English taught programmes:
- Master of Business Administration, Purpose Economy (MBA)
- Master in International Business & Management (MBA)
- Master of Interdisciplinary Business Professional (MSc)
- International Business (IB), 3- and 4-year bachelor programmes
- Internationale Betriebswirtschaft, a 4-year bachelor programme which is also taught in German in the first year.
With around 1,500 students from all over the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, the most noticeable characteristic of IBS is its international atmosphere. The various nationalities contribute to an open-minded and culturally diverse setting throughout our entire school. The language of communication within IBS is English. As a result of national debates to reduce the number of programmes in business studies, in 2018 we merged the former bachelor programme in International Business and Management Studies (IBMS) with the bachelor programme in International Business and Languages (IBL) into the International Business (IB) programme. This educational transition is being rounded off.
The Head of Education reports to the Dean of IBS and is a member of the Management Team.
What do we offer youStarting date is per 1st February 2021. It concerns a structural vacancy in which we first offer an annual contract with the possibility to extend the contract. Appointment takes place in accordance with the conditions stated in the legal provisions of the CAO-HBO. The function scale is 12 or 13 (depending on your experience and current professional contract). The salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 4.250 and a gross maximum of € 6.202 per month based on a full time position. In addition, you will be entitled to holiday pay and a year-end bonus. Hanze UAS offers plenty of opportunities for further development in your field. A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursement for the fee by the Hanze University. An assessment may be part of the procedure. .
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Drs Paul Ganzeboom, Dean of the International Business School, at telephone number +31 (0)50-595 2678 (management assistant).
Please enclose your application letter and CV written in English.
Should you have questions using the digital application form, please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
The (online) interviews (in English) will take place on Friday 4 December 2020 (afternoon). The second round will take place on Wednesday 9 December 2020 (afternoon).
This vacancy is published internally and externally, which involves that employees from Hanze University of Applied Sciences are preferred over external candidates.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Apply for this vacancy