Business (University) Lecturer for the International Business School
about 0,8 FTE
International Business School
The International Business School (IBS) offers the following undergraduate and postgraduate programmes:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in International Business & Management.
- International Business and Management Studies (3 year bachelor programme)
- International Business and Management Studies (4 year bachelor programme)
- Internationale Betriebswirtschaft (3 year bachelor programme, taught in German and English)
IBS offers two full-time international master's programmes (18 months). Both programmes enable students to master competences, skills and creativity that are crucial for making complex business decisions, within a dynamic and rapidly changing environment. The courses are delivered in small groups with intensive contact between students and lecturers. Our faculty is composed to ensure an interesting mixture of business experience and expertise in research and there is a strong emphasis on the integration of different knowledge areas.
Students in the Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) programme can specialize in International Marketing, International Management, International Finance & Accounting and International Strategy & Business Development. Every year more students join us, which means that there are various opportunities to join our team of lecturers.
With one exception (Internationale Betriebswirtschaft, part of BBA) all programmes are fully taught in English. Teaching at IBS means working in a truly international environment. With over 1,500 students from all over the world and over 100 employees with relevant international experience, the most noticeable characteristic of the International Business School is its international atmosphere. The 70+ nationalities contribute to an open-minded and culturally diverse setting throughout our entire school. The language of communication within IBS is English.
A balance is sought between theoretical and practical knowledge in order to prepare our students for today's global economy. Lecturing at IBS should preferably be combined with research, contributions to conferences and (academic) journals.
Our new colleague will work in both the bachelor and master programmes and will become part of an educational team and reports to the Head of Education.
We are looking for a (university) lecturer with knowledge and background at advanced level especially related to one or more of the following core areas in our curricula:
- Strategic management;
- Sustainability/ sustainable finance;
- project management;
- business research.
- Developing students' knowledge and skills;
- coaching students through curriculum projects, traineeships and/ or graduation projects (bachelor graduation project supervision and master thesis supervision);
- developing teaching methods and study materials;
- participating in research and guiding students working on research projects;
- being an active member of various teams;
- leading collegial teams and groups.
Specific tasks and responsibilities for a university lecturer:
- leading an expert team and managing lecturers within this team content wise;
- being responsible for the (development of the) educational programmes within the core area, the integration within the curricula and related development of faculty;
- being responsible for the organisation of applied research activities within the core area, coordinating research projects and connecting the research to the educational programmes.
- Master degree and preferably PhD (or working on PhD research) in related field of expertise;
- work experience in at least one of the above mentioned areas;
- thorough knowledge of the latest developments within the area of expertise;
- experience in education and the development thereof;
- experience with research;
- experience with and/ or interest in team work and coordination of projects;
- good oral and writing skills in English. Proficiency in German is an advantage;
- effective skills in supporting active learning and good professional practice.
Specific requirements for a university lecturer:
- PhD in related field of experience;
- experience with leading professionals in terms of content.
Conditions of Employment Date of entrance will be as soon as possible. It concerns a temporary position for a period of approximately one year with the possibility to extend the contract. Appointment takes place according to the conditions stated in the legal provision of the CAO-hbo. The function scale is 11 (lecturer) or 12 (university lecturer), depending on the background and tasks assigned. The salary will amount to a gross minimum of € 3,201.= and a gross maximum of € 5,301.= per month based on a full time position. A certificate of good conduct may be required. You will get reimbursed for the fee by Hanze University..
Voor meer informatie over deze vacature kunt u contact opnemen met:
Naam: "Please see Information below Status vacature"
This vacancy has an internal and semi-external status; this means that employees of Hanze University of Applied Sciences (at first) and organisations that are members of Noorderlink are treated as if they were internal employees.
We do not appreciate acquisition in reference to this advertisement.
Additional information concerning this position can be obtained from Ms. drs. Ritva Laurila, head of education, at telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 2331.
You can apply for this vacancy by clicking on 'Reageer op deze vacature'. You will then be transferred to the digital application form. Only applications submitted in this way and written in English will be considered. Please mention in your application for which of the above mentioned areas you prefer to work.
Should you have any problems using the digital application form, please contact HR Recruitment, telephone number + 31 (0)50-595 7505.
Closing date is 1 December 2016
Reageer op deze vacature