Junior IT Support Specialist - Part Time
What you will do
As our Junior IT Support Specialist you will ensure that our Amsterdam based Catawiki employees (Catawikians!) are equipped with the relevant equipment including laptops and phones. You are the first point of call for resolving problems with the setup and functionality of this equipment as well as the wider technology infrastructure including hardware inventory, printers, WiFi, mobile devices and workstations. You will work 2 days a week (or equivalent 16 hours) and your main tasks will include:
- Problem resolution involving the use of diagnostics and help-desk ticketing systems.
- Performing hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, and configuring operating systems and applications for Mac, Windows and Chrome OS.
- Maintaining the VoIP telephone system: install telephone units, assign extensions, troubleshooting and liaising with suppliers as necessary.
- Troubleshooting issues with internet connectivity, CRM and VoIP tools (We use Hubspot, and Zendesk but prior knowledge of these is not essential).
- Liaising with hardware providers to order new technology equipment and software licenses for Amsterdam and Assen offices, and keeping the asset registry updated.
- Working with our other IT Support Specialists to resolve adhoc issues and identify areas for improvement
Who you are
This role would be ideal for an IT savvy student looking to make some additional income alongside his/her studies by working 2 days (16/hours) per week. Our ideal profile would look something like this:
A versatile IT enthusiast with (or studying for) a Bachelor degree in a related field, around 1+ year of relevant work experience, excellent interpersonal and communication skills and fluency in English. In addition to experience with Windows, Mac, and Chrome OS operating systems and knowing how to troubleshoot mobile devices (Android / iOS), you will also have experience with:
- A range of diagnostic utilities.
- Knowing where to look for solutions to computing issues on the internet.
- Collaborative working in a multicultural and international environment.
- You are friendly, outgoing, communicative and enjoy speaking with different people throughout the day
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to absorb and retain information quickly with an enthusiasm for learning.
- Highly self-motivated and focused in a fast-changing environment.
- Essential: Knowledge of cloud platforms, network infrastructure, software licensing
- Desirable but not essential: Fluency in Dutch and experience with GSuite, Zendesk Hubspot.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.