Lead Auctioneer Modern Jewellery
What you will do
As a Lead Auctioneer Modern Jewellery you are an expert in the field of Modern Jewellery and in close cooperation with the Auction Manager you’re responsible for a group of auctions, a so called 'auction category'. Your goal is to make your team of (remotely located) Auctioneers work in the most efficient, scalable and consistent way possible to achieve the targets set for this category.
To achieve this goal, the Lead Auctioneer Modern Jewellery;
- Coordinates, grows and develops the (assistant) Auctioneers in the category.
- Ensures a follow-up of (assistant) Auctioneers productivity and commercial activities.
- Takes the lead in finding new sellers and sourcing quality supply.
- Closely collaborates with colleagues in Customer Support and Sales.
- Is responsible for the quality management in his category (audits)
The Lead Auctioneer will report to the Auction Manager.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Coordinate the (assistant) Auctioneers in the category
- Prepare targets for assigned auctions
- Design a plan for the continuing development of assigned auctions, in view of the targets and discuss this with the Auction Manager
- Build a good working relationship with important Modern Jewellery suppliers.
- Create new auctions and launch them after seeking approval from the Auction Manager
- Resolve assigned disputes in an efficient way in collaboration with Customer Support
Who you are
If you want to become our new Lead Auctioneer Modern Jewellery you have at least
- A Bachelor's degree
- Expert knowledge of Modern Jewellery and an eye for trade
- 2 or 3 years of experience as team lead or coordinator
- At least 5 years of trade experience - also online - related to the concerned auctions
- Master one of these languages: English/Dutch/French/German/Italian/Spanish as a mother tongue fluently and correctly; knowledge of the English language, as a second language at least, is a must;
- Demonstrable knowledge of and experience with computers and computer programs.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands.
Additionally, you can expect:
- Paid holiday & holiday allowance;
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan);
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page. A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.