Senior Digital Designer
What you will do
We are looking for a talented Digital Designer with strong visual skills to join our growing UX team. In this position you will work closely with the Marketing team to create compelling designs for our buyers and sellers leading to increased engagement and conversion. You will be be part of a multidisciplinary team consisting of UX Designers, Developers, Marketers and Product Managers working to:
- Create and govern design specifications, principles, toolkits and style guides that enable and enforce a coherent customer experience across our different user touch-points including landing pages, display banners, offline advertising collateral etc.
- Create immaculate visual designs that are both easy to use and illuminate our brand; this includes screen layouts and compositions, colour palettes and textures, icons and typography, UI elements and photography.
- You will work on creating design deliverable such as prototypes, visual designs and mockups.
- You will work closely together with the development team to implement your ideas.
- You will team up with the other UX designers to review designs, provide feedback and contribute to a consistent and coherent ecosystem.
Who you are
- Qualified via bachelor’s degree in IxD, VisComm, Graphic Design, UX or similar relevant discipline with 5+ years relevant working experience in a fast moving eCommerce or Marketing focused environment.
- Impressive Visual Design skills (brand identity, typography, visual hierarchy) and an affinity for beautiful interfaces with a portfolio to back this up.
- You have experience in creating visual systems that can be applied to multiple different sites and apps.
- You have excellent communications skills. You can verbalise and articulate your design decisions. You can convince others of your ideas, while also take direction & learn from others.
- You can have a customer centric mindset. You are passionate about people and user behaviour. You understand how visual design impacts success metrics. You can translate research on user motivations and desires into meaningful designs.
- Knowledge about HTML / CSS is a pre-requisite.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands. Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page. A capability test, informal reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.