Content Editor /Language Specialist - French
What you will do
Our new native French Content Editor is passionate about reviewing and improving French texts for our customers - our new localisation expert when it comes to the French language!
You will support our content creation process in French and coordinate good translations for our global customers. In this role you are contributing to two main areas: building our global Catawiki brand and contributing to the optimisation of our user relevant content. Channels you will support are: our Catawiki blog, email, Facebook and user interface (website) and the content in our auctions.
You will work closely together with the copywriters in our offline and online Marketing teams (including social media), Country teams, our auctioneers, Customer Support teams, translators and other key stakeholders.
Your main tasks
- Proof-read the French translations
- Translate small texts to French
- Continuously test and improve the French content on our homepage
- Improve glossaries and style guides
- Review of our French translators
Who you are
You are passionate about the French language and you know how to use it to create the best possible user experience! You enjoy writing for an online audience and you think from a user point of view. You have relevant experience in copywriting in perfect (European) French. You have at least a Bachelor's degree and you will be intrinsically motivated to continuously improve our French website in terms of language. You know how to use data to support your arguments.
It is an advantage if you have already written on blogs, magazines, books, are a collector and love Catawiki and if you understand Dutch and have excellent English skills.
- Team player who is passionate about content;
- Project management skills;
- Data driven
- Good English (British) skills + native French speaker/writer;
- Bachelor’s degree;
- 1-2 years of relevant working experience (blogs, websites, magazines, articles, translations);
- In possession of a can-do attitude; you have the desire to work hard and be flexible;
- Available to work 40 hours a week
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young dynamic and international organisation. You'll be part of the enthusiastic, highly motivated Localisation team, where you'll be given a number of responsibilities, including shaping the role as we grow our business. Catawiki is a company which provides room for new and creative ways of reaching our relevant target audiences.
Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days paid holiday & holiday allowance;
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from employees, Catawiki pays for the whole pension plan);
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page. A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.