Control room operator
For our client, Eurus Energy Europe (EEE), we are exclusively looking for a Junior/starter and an Experienced “FIRST LINE CONTROL ROOM OPERATOR - RENEWABLES” to reinforce the Asset Management Team, based in their new office in Groningen, The Netherlands.
Eurus Energy Group develops, invests in and operates renewable energy projects globally. Starting from its first project in California in 1987, Eurus now has over 3.3 GW of wind and solar power generation worldwide. Amsterdam-based Eurus Energy Europe B.V.(“EEE”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Eurus Energy Holdings Corporation, which is jointly owned by two listed Japanese companies, Toyota Tsusho Corporation and Tokyo Electric Power Company Holdings, Inc.
EEE operates renewable energy projects in Europe with a total exceeding 1 GW. More renewable energy projects will be built in the coming years. In order to manage her growing portfolio EEE is looking for 3 Control Room Operators for our renewable energy projects (wind & solar) in the Netherlands. You will be based in Groningen. For more company information, look at: https://www.eurus-europe.com/ and http://www.eurus-energy.com/en/
Optimizing the performance of renewable energy assets (wind and solar) is key during the operational phase. As a Windfarm Operator you will be responsible for the remote monitoring, operation, and analysis of the operational fleet of wind farms in the Netherlands.
You will report to the Responsible Asset Management in The Netherlands and will be closely working and supporting with the Asset Management Team in The Netherlands, which is responsible for managing the EEE portfolio. You will be part of the European Asset Management Team and based in Groningen.
- Remotely monitor the wind turbines and other plant equipment;
- First point of contact for external parties such as contractors on site;
- First point of contact in case of emergency;
- Daily status monitoring of the assets;
- Performance analysis;
- Follow up on unforeseen stand still and initial fault investigation;
- Manage balance of plant controls: power/curtailment / ice detection systems / shadow detection systems etc.;
- Communicate and coordinate with planners, site technicians, power market party and others;
- Analyze data, troubleshoot and diagnose issues remotely;
- Monitoring weather at sites for safety of the site technicians;
- Work independently and collaboratively on projects and initiatives that enhance the operations and reliability of the assets ;
- Position will be on a rotating shift that will require the person to be on standby / work nights, weekends and some holidays (once a month on average);
- Join periodical visual inspections of the wind turbines and sites;
- Periodical performance analysis and reporting;
- Assist Asset Managers on day to day duties;
- Bachelor’s Degree (HTS) in a course of study that demonstrates strong analytical skills;
- Or Associate Degree (MBO/MTS) plus relevant working experience;
- Or relevant working experience in a similar job or relevant working experience as wind turbine technician.
- Problem solving and critical thinking;
- Fluent Dutch language skills;
- Sufficient English language skills;
- Valid driver´s license (B)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Package
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- General interest in renewables
- Experience with wind turbines and SCADA software
You will be a part of an international team of highly motivated renewable experts, based in Amsterdam and Groningen, for this job you will be based in Groningen.
Competitive Gross Annual Salary in line with market standard including 8% holiday allowance + Performance Bonus (up to 10 % of annual salary, at company’s discretion),
- Lap top PC and smartphone
- Technical training courses
- Commuting expenses will be paid by the company
- Paid Holidays: 28 days
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week (8 hours per day including a 60 minutes lunch break from Monday to Friday) + On-Call shift hours
- Self-development program
- Compensation for on-call shift.
Are you interested and could you handle this job??
If you have any questions about this vacancy, or just being curious, please do not hesitate to contact us. Even if you think that you do not quite fit for this vacancy.
We are looking forward to your application!