Specialist Meat Analogues
The focus of the Application Development Center is supporting the realization of the Food Innovation strategy of Avebe.
The department is developing new value propositions and applications providing a sustainable position in the “plant-based” Food market focusing on plant-based meat & dairy segments for Avebe. The Application Development Center works via a cross functional approach with the Process Technology department, the Customer & Application Response Center and with the Marketing department to ensure a close match of customer and market unmet needs developing new value propositions.
You coordinate activities with the structure & function team or relevant project manager. You report to the Manager of the Application Development Center.
You are a proactive and innovative Food application expert with a clear focus on the development of unique value propositions and new applications in the field of plant-based meat / meat analogues. In this role you will take initiative in executing strategic projects using potato-based ingredients such as starch, proteins and fibres for new application development to support the realization of our strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Set up and execution of strategic application development projects
- Identify the market trends and customer needs to translate in new application concepts with high added value
- Initiating and lead studies in starch and protein product interaction and application in improved product concepts
- Interpretation and reporting of research results
- Prepare, report and present at project review meetings
- Update, expand and secure expertise within the department
- Participate in seminars and conferences to promote Avebe and to catch up with the advanced knowledge from the field
- Identify and protect IP opportunities
- BSc or MSc degree in Food technology, Food Chemistry
- Several years of relevant working experience within the field of meat-free application research or product development
- Knowledge and experience of hydrocolloids and proteins used in food application is a must
- Affinity with texture and nutrition related product development
- Experience in managing complex research tasks
- Able to work in cross functional teams and with external partners
- Good command of English
- Up to date with relevant (scientific) literature
- Experience in IP protection
If you want to apply for this job, please go to www.avebe.com