(Non-) Dairy Food Specialist
The focus of the Application Development Center is supporting the realization of the Food Innovation strategy of Avebe.
The department is developing new value propositions and applications providing Avebe a sustainable position in Food markets focusing on plant-based meat & dairy segments. The Application Development Center works via a cross functional approach with the Process Center and the Customer & Application Response Center to ensure a close match of customer and market unmet needs developing new value propositions.
The food Specialist reports to the Manager of the Application Development Center and coordinates his/her activities with the structure & function team or relevant project manager.
The Specialist is a Food application expert with a clear focus on the development unique value propositions and new applications in the field of dairy or plant-based dairy analogues. He/she will execute strategic projects using potato-based ingredients such as starch, proteins and fibres for new application development to support the realization of our strategy.
- Set up and execution of strategic application research & development projects;
- Identify the market trends and customer needs to translate in new application concepts with high added value;
- Initiating and lead studies in starch and protein product interaction and application in improved product concepts;
- Interpretation and reporting of research results;
- Prepare for, report and present at project review meetings;
- Update, expand and secure expertise within the department;
- Participate in seminars and conferences to promote Avebe and to catch up with the advanced knowledge from the field;
- Identify and protect IP opportunities.
- BSc or MSc degree in Food technology/Food Chemistry f.e. physics and physical chemistry of foods
- Relevant working experience within the field of dairy or plant-based alternative application research or development
- Knowledge and experience of hydrocolloids and proteins used in food application is a pre or enthusiastic in catching-up by training internally and/or externally
- Affinity with texture and nutrition related product development
- Experience in managing complex research tasks
- Able to work in cross functional teams and with external partners
- Good command of English
- Up to date with relevant (scientific) literature
- Experience in IP protection
You also find the vacancy at www.careers.avebe.com