For 100 years we at Avebe have been working hard to get the most out of the potato. And we will continue to do so. We add value to the products the potato gives us with pleasure and with a view to innovation. Who does that? Our 1,350 employees. Each in their own wat, within their own field of expertise. This is how we work together to create a succesful cooperative.
The focus of the Application Development Center is supporting the realization of the Food Innovation strategy of Avebe. The department is developing new value propositions and applications providing Avebe a sustainable position in Food markets focusing on plant-based meat & dairy segments. The Application Development Center works via a cross functional approach with the Process Center and the Customer & Application Response Center to ensure a close match of customer and market unmet needs developing new value propositions.
The food specialist reports to the Team lead of the Application Development Center and coordinates his/her activities with the structure & function team or relevant project manager.
The Specialist is a Food application expert with a clear focus on the development of unique value propositions and new applications. He/she will execute strategic projects using potato-based ingredients such as starch, proteins and fibers for new application development to support the realization of our strategy.
• Set up and execution of strategic application research & development projects
• Identify the market trends and customer needs to translate in new application concepts with high added value
• Initiating and lead studies in starch and protein product interaction and application in improved product concepts
• Interpretation and reporting of research results
• Prepare for, report and present at project review meetings
• Update, expand and secure expertise within the department
Training & experience
• BSc or MSc degree in Food technology or Food Chemistry
• Relevant working experience within the field of dairy or plant-based alternative application research or development is a pre
• Knowledge and experience of hydrocolloids and proteins used in food application or enthusiastic in catching-up by training internally and/or externally
• Affinity with texture and nutrition related product development
• Experience in managing complex research tasks
• Able to work in cross functional teams and with external partners
• Good command of English
For further information please contact Zheng Hong Chen, C&A Response Center Manager on +31 629595270.
Are you the one we are looking for? Please respond before February, 14 2020. You will find the vacancy on www.careers.avebe.com
An assessment or social media check can be part of the procedure.