Research Technician Genetics
We are looking for a research technician in the Functional Genomics group of Prof. Dr. Lude Franke, as part of the Genetics department within the University Medical Center Groningen. In this group of bioinformaticians, PhD students and postdocs we aim to combine state-of-the-art experimental assays with big data analyses to dissect the influence of genetics on gene regulation, thereby contributing to our understanding of complex diseases.
In this job you will work closely together with PhD students and/or a postdoc to help setting up a massively parallel reporter assay (MPRA) to define the regulatory potential of non-coding somatic mutations that have been recurrently associated with cancer. After filtering for mutations with regulatory potential as a next step, you will help setting up a CRISPR-coupled single-cell RNA-/DNA-sequencing screen that will measure the downstream consequences on gene expression. Additionally, you will be involved in the generation of single-cell multi-omics data using blood extracted from individuals from the population-based cohort Lifelines.
Wat vragen wij
- HBO (University of Applied Sciences) or higher level of education (preferably biomedical).
- You can work independently but you are also a team player.
- You are motivated, flexible, assertive and pro-active.
- You have proven expertise with cell culture.
- You have experience with cell and molecular biology techniques (such as molecular cloning, DNA and RNA isolation, transfections and viral transductions, FACS, CRISPR-Cas9) and you have a VMT certificate.
- Experience with single-cell omics techniques or next-generation sequencing library construction is a pre.
- You have excellent organizational, communication and interaction skills.
- You have good project- and time management skills.
- Command of the English language in spoken and written word is mandatory.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In case of specific professions a ‘Certificate of Good Conduct’ is required.
Wat bieden wij
We offer a temporary position for 36 hours a week for one year, with an extension of two extra years after a positive appraisal at the end of the first year.
Your salary will be a maximum of € 4.201,- gross per month (scale 8M), depending on your qualifications and relevant experience, based on a full-time appointment. In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, and 8.3% end-of-year bonus. The conditions of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centres (CAO-UMC).
Neem voor meer informatie contact op met:
dr. Lude Franke telefoonnummer (050) 361 7100
Monique van der Wijst telefoonnummer (050) 361 7100
Please use the the digital application form at the bottom of this page - only these will be processed.
You can apply until 12 September 2022.
Within half an hour after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.