Educationalist (Onderwijskundige) (0.8 -1.0 FTE)
Faculty of Economics and Business
University of Groningen
The Faculty of Economics and Business (FEB) has approximately 7,000 students and 500 staff members who form an informal, personal and inspiring academic community; 25% of our students and our staff are international. FEB provides an ambitious, open and dynamic working environment and encourages its staff members to innovate. FEB currently offers 21 degree programmes (NVAO accredited). The Faculty is AACSB and EQUIS accredited and is thus among the top 1% of business schools worldwide.
The Educational Quality (EQ) department of FEB has 16 staff members and provides advice and support in the fields of the Faculty’s educational logistics, quality assurance, accreditation, educational innovation and teacher professionalization. EQ works closely together with the other supporting departments, the Faculty Board, and Faculty’s programme directors and lecturers. EQ has important cooperation relationships with various central departments of the University of Groningen. Staff in the department loves to achieve results in their own fields, as well as on interdisciplinary projects. Internationalisation is very important to us, which means we communicate mainly in English and expect an inclusive attitude from our colleagues.
You will be a member of the project team Curriculum 2024 who works on a tempory project on curriculum innovation of all degree programmes at FEB. You support the programme management to develop a plan to implement blended learning in their programme, to make an inventory of where their programme stands compared to the educational themes of FEB’s Strategic plan (Internationalization and inclusive classroom, Ethics Responsibility and Sustainability, Digital Business and Data Science and Analytics, connection with practice and research), to future proof and to innovate the curriculum. You also will be working with lecturers to implement these themes in their courses. We expect you to work in a result- and client-driven way and work as a standout colleague within the EQ department. You will report to project manager of the Curriculum 2024 project. The head of the EQ department, also part of this team, will be your supervisor.
We are looking for a new colleague with the following skills, abilities and qualifications:
• an academic level of working and thinking; a degree in the field of Educational Sciences (or similar); affinity with economics and business and technology-enhanced learning and blended learning is preferred
• professional experience in curriculum evaluation and innovation, and quality assurance processes
• experience in working on a project basis in the field of (international) higher education is preferred
• a result-oriented attitude
• strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with students, faculty, staff and external community partners in a culturally responsive manner
• commitment to functioning as an effective, collaborative team member
• excellent writing and communication skills in Dutch and English.
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.What we are offering you in accordance with the collective Labour agreement for Dutch Universities:
• a salary depending on qualifications and work experience starting from a minimum of € 2.790 gross per month and a maximum of €4.402 (salary scale 10) for a full-time position.
• 8% holiday allowance and 8.3% end-of-year bonus and participation in a pension scheme for employees.
• a position for the period of one year, with the possibility for an extension of 2 years dependent on a positive performance evaluation and future developments of the department.
Do you meet our qualification criteria? If yes, your application should include:
• a complete curriculum vitae (CV attachment)
• motivation letter (motivation letter attachment).
You can submit your application until 25 July 11:59pm / before 26 July 2021 Dutch local time (CET) by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our University. We are committed to building a diverse faculty so you are encouraged to apply. Our selection procedure follows the guidelines of the Recruitment code (NVP), https://www.nvp-hrnetwerk.nl/sollicitatiecode/
Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
For additional information, please contact:
Miriam A. Ossevoort
Prof. Dr. Robert Inklaar
In your application, please always include the job opening ID 221312