Digital Marketing Coordinator (1.0 fte)
University of Groningen
Office of the University
The University of Groningen is currently ranked 80th in the world in the Times Higher Education World ranking with an internationally oriented education and research focus. We have a strong international reputation and collaborations between researchers on the frontiers of knowledge take place within extensive networks, affirming our strong, worldwide reputation. Chosen as one of the happiest cities in Europe, Groningen enjoys a bustling reputation with several international cultural events and a vibrant, youthful population.
Overview: Following the publication of a new University Strategic Plan with an aim to intensify the international nature of our academic community through growth and diversification, the University is looking to expand its International Marketing Team.
The Digital Marketing Coordinator will be part of the University’s Marketing Team which sits within the department of Communications. This is a great opportunity for an experienced digital copywriter, content producer and communicator to contribute to the continued growth of the University’s online presence.
Key accountabilities/Primary responsibilities:
• to raise brand awareness and create student preference for the University of Groningen in the online space
• to implement the University’s digital campaigns across international and domestic markets coordinating with internal stakeholders to ensure consistency in voice and cultivating a strong online community
• contribute to the development and execution to a University online strategy (in conjunction with the Online Marketeer and Head of Marketing)
• to plan, implement and evaluate digital campaigns
• to determine key messaging and develop creative briefs for tactical campaign executions
• to identify and facilitate opportunities to leverage online activity with Faculty
• to develop and foster positive relationships with suppliers and internal stakeholders to ensure efficient, effective delivery of campaigns in a timely and brand-consistent manner
• to support the execution of the University Marketing Strategy, under the direction of the Head of Marketing
• to undertake occasional travel (domestically and overseas) to support wider Marketing Team objectives and enable a better understanding of the end-user.
• first degree (bachelor’s degree) in a communication or marketing discipline
• ideally at least 2 years experience in the areas of marketing, copywriting and advertising
• strong understanding of Internet marketing specifically online advertising and its interrelationship with social media, SEM and website development
• a proven track record in a role that demanded self motivation, service-orientation, marketing and business developmental skills
• an ability to develop, nurture and manage positive working relationships and deliver excellent client service with both internal and external stakeholders
• a demonstrated ability to project manage a range of projects and effectively prioritise competing demands
• proven ability to problem solve and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
• exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
• exceptional Microsoft office experience (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint)
• outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English (required) and Dutch (desirable).
Conditions of employment
Contract length: 12 months.
The University of Groningen offers a salary depending on knowledge and experience of max. € 4,028 at a fulltime position (scale 10 Dutch Universities). The appointment is for a year. Within this year an evaluation will take place to decide to what extent the appointment can be extended. Starting date: as soon as possible. Application You may apply for this position until 6 November 23.59h / before 7 November September 2016 Dutch local time by means of the application form (click on "Apply" below on the advertisement on the university website). Unsolicited marketing is not appreciated.
Maximum salary: 4028.
For additional information, please contact:
In your application, please always include the job opening ID T068216
Digital application form