Junior Legal Counsel
We are looking for a highly qualified
JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL
As a Junior Legal Counsel you have to oversee all legal aspects of our businesses together with the Corporate Legal Counsel. You will give legal advice on contracts, advise on claim matters, assist in contract negotiations and help safeguard our reputation by guaranteeing that the company strictly follows laws and compliance guidelines and rules. You will effectively ensure legal conformity and minimize probability of exposure whilst remaining practical and sensitive to business demands and commercial interest.
- Draft and solidify agreements, contracts and other legal documents to ensure the company’s full legal rights;
- You are responsible for actualisation contracts- and claims database;
- Provide clarification on legal language or specifications to everyone in the organization;
- Collaborate with corporate legal counsel and concerning departments to devise efficient negotiation strategies and assist in the legal aspects of contract (and other) negotiations;
- Specify internal governance policies and regularly monitor compliance;
- Research and evaluate different risk factors regarding business decisions and operations;
- Apply effective risk management techniques and offer proactive advise on possible legal issues;
- Communicate and negotiate with external parties (regulators, external counsel, public authority etc.), creating relations of trust;
- Maintain current knowledge of alterations in legislation.
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity, conduct your work with integrity and responsibility;
- Proven experience as a legal counsel in business environment;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures;
- Full comprehension of the influences of the external environment of a corporation;
- Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- European Master of Law;
- Experience with Shipping is a plus
In addition to the core competences of Royal Wagenborg, solution-focused, collaborative and safe working, we ask the following competences: analytical, accurate, communicate, negotiate and integrity and discretion.
- Salary according to job scale;
- Good secondary employment conditions;
- A challenging job in a pleasant working environment;
- A large degree of independence;
- Study facilities aimed at personal development.
For more information contact our Corporate Legal Counsel Hiljo Kloutsema (tel: +31 596 636302)
An assessment will be part of the application procedure.