Category manager Fashion
Category Manager Fashion
The Category Manager Fashion role at Catawiki is an entrepreneurial, but challenging one. As CatMan Fashion you are basically running our fashion category as a strategic business unit. You are in the driving seat to take our Fashion business to the next level. The Category Manager is responsible for developing Catawiki’s international Fashion strategy, positioning and execution. You will build a best-in-class international team of fashion experts, and work closely together with category sales & marketing to get the best fashion supply in auction and provide a frictionless experience to our buyers and sellers. You are end responsible for all fashion related auctions, auction & FTE planning and forecasting, and quality of our lot curation process. You will report directly in the Head of Category Management and work closely together with other category managers, country managers and overall sales & marketing. This is a unique opportunity to become part of the Catawiki story!
What you will do
As Category Manager Fashion, your goal is to make your multidisciplinary team work in the most efficient way to meet the targets of your category. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Product, Customer Support and HR to achieve these goals.
The category manager will:
- Drive the category strategy and management process, together with the Head of Category Management;
- Manage the core CatMan steps from category definition and category assessments to category tactics and continuous improvement;
- Have a holistic view on the end-to-end customer journey in fashion and work with product & marketing to optimize conversion along the funnel;
- Ensure to keep working stock at acceptable levels and all incoming lots are processed orderly, timely and at quality;
- Ensures that all complaints or disputes are dealt with in a quick and efficient way, in collaboration with Customer Support;
- Contact new and existing sellers in collaboration with Category Sales Teams in the countries, in order to source quality supply at acceptable commercial terms;
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Support to ensure a smooth fulfillment process;
- Work closely together with Sales to proactively secure the best possible supply;
- Work closely together with marketing to generate insights, define the category tactics and create the promotional calendar (on/offline, tradeshows, advertising, etc.);
- Lead, grow and develop the (international) fashion team, which currently works largely remote;
- Manage the team towards meeting key objectives and results;
- Ensure efficiency and quality guidelines are met;
- Create an engagement team environment in line with Catawiki culture.
Who you are
As our new Category Manager Fashion you have
- An entrepreneurial mindset to grow the fashion category to the next level;
- Relevant working experience in retail/eCommerce preferably with a strong focus on Fashion;
- Best-in-class communication skills in both verbal and written form (confident in presenting and making to the point presentations);
- Ability to drive change effectively, strong organisation skills;
- Ability to operate in a matrix structure whereby company goals can only be achieved by collaborating closely with other teams (Marketing, Sales and Customer Support);
- Minimum of 5 -7 years experience in managing/leading (international) teams;
- Academic level of working and thinking, Master’s degree is a plus;
- Fluent English is a must; knowledge of at least Dutch/French/German is a plus;
- Are a Team player, have strong negotiation skills and a hands-on mentality.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation, backed by world class investors. Additionally, you can expect:
- Join a fast-growing, enthusiastic team (you will be working
- Start-up culture (you will work from the Amsterdam office)
- Competitive base salary and bonus opportunities
- Excellent opportunities for (personal) growth & development
- Paid holidays & Pension
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A Expertise test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.