Commercial Expert France
The Commercial Expert will be responsible for onboarding new sellers and increasing revenue from existing sellers in the Art and Antique categories, in France.
The Commercial Expert will be:
- Responsible for increasing quality supply in Art and Antique categories in your region. Quality supply includes mid and high-end authentic works of Art and Antiques
- Typically working in a specified region and will speak the language of the sellers in all aspects.
- Working closely together with both (local) auctioneers and (local) sales teams – with the selected ability to set up Sales for your sellers
- Helping build a regional strategy for the specific categories, based on experience in the field.
- Advising prospects and existing sellers on what will sell at Catawiki and at which price.
- Being the first point of contact for these sellers within Catawiki, helping and advising sellers on how to get started (high potentials).
- Being responsible for building up and maintaining a network among colleague valuers and notaries.
Who you are
Our new Commercial Expert is independent and experienced, with a strong background in international commerce and online marketplaces, particularly on the supply side.
Your energetic and creative personality fits well in our dynamic start-up environment. You are passionate about building something from the ground up and have excellent communication skills in your native language as well as a good command of the English language.
- Diploma in Art History or significant experience in Art & Antiques business getting, whether with a Merchant or with an Auction House
- Appraised curator and/or proven experience and expertise in the field as a generalist
- The Commercial Expert has an extensive network of art and antique dealers and is able to engage his network by onboarding new sellers to Catawiki
- Strong networking skills, engaging with potential and existing and dormant sellers
- Strong negotiating skills
- Experience in working in a highly demanding online environment
- Hands on mentality
- Business getter, driven by commercial targets
- Broadminded company oriented mentality
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of one of Europe’s fastest growing company in the Art & Antiques world. You will have an exciting job in a young, dynamic & international organisation.
Additionally, you can expect:
- A competitive package
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
- Starting date: ASAP
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.