Senior Android Developer
What you will do
Our Android development team builds, maintains and perfects our auction app that has 150,000+ active monthly users. Within the team you’ll be given plenty of freedom to bring in ideas to optimize the product. The app is stable (99.6% crash free) so you’ll be doing a lot more than just fixing bugs! We’re building a mobile platform that is tuned and tweaked to perfectly serve our large and growing international user base, and as such we need someone who can help us:
- Build reusable Android software components.
- Collaborate with a QA on continuous integration and delivery as well as other automated and manual testing; We want to make sure our app releases are always worthy of five star ratings.
- Work on a combination of feature development, A/B testing and architectural challenges.
- Raise the bar by conducting code reviews and sharing knowledge, tips and tricks within and across teams.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies (bonus points if you’re familiar with Kotlin!)
Who you are
In addition to having demonstrable experience of working as an Android Developer on high traffic applications, you are also:
- Up-to-date with the modern Android programming paradigm, including the use of MVP, Dagger, RxJava and Kotlin. (We’re not using Kotlin in production yet, but would love it if you are as curious as us about it)
- Experience in making apps work intuitively, with pixel perfect interfaces; You have an eye for UX/UI Design.
- You are highly accountable and take ownership. This means that you care about the code quality and the Catawiki Application as a whole.
- You have a collaborative attitude; At Catawiki we work in multidisciplinary teams so good communication and teamwork are skills we value highly.
- You’re constantly looking for new techniques to help improve our apps and enjoy A/B testing in order to calibrate and evaluate new features on real users.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe's fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. In addition we will make sure you have a soft landing, should you have to relocate to the Netherlands.
Additionally, you can expect:
- 25 days Paid holiday & holiday allowance
- The Catawiki pension plan (no contribution from the employees, so Catawiki is paying for the whole pension plan)
- Excellent opportunities for career development
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A capability test, informal reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.