Category Manager Auctions - Curio
The Category Manager is end-responsible for managing a group of auctions that form an auction category (business unit / vertical) within an auction cluster. The Category Manager is responsible for the cluster’s commercial and strategy development and execution, sets the quality guidelines, in alignment with the Cluster Manager.
What you will do:
As a Category Manager, your goal is to make your team of auctioneers work in the most efficient way and to meet the targets of your category. You will work closely with Sales, Marketing, Customer Support and HR to achieve these goals.
People / team management:
- Grow and develop the (assistant) Auctioneers in the category and ensure targets are being met.
- Actively look for (assistant) Auctioneers to grow the team globally.
- Ensure a follow-up of auctioneers efficiency and productivity.
- Ensure that the quality guidelines are respected.
Auction & Category development:
- Ensure a tight planning and forecast for the auction category.
- Create and launch new auctions in collaboration with Marketing and Sales departments.
- Ensure the development of the category, according to the strategy and in view of the targets.
- Contacting new and existing sellers, in order to source quality supply at sale-able prices in collaboration with Sales.
- Build a good working relationship with important sellers. Advise new and existing sellers on what will sell at Catawiki and at which price.
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Support to ensure a smooth fulfillment process.
- Ensures that all complaints or disputes are dealt with in a quick and efficient way, in collaboration with Customer Support.
- Pro-actively provide content and input to the Marketing team to ensure that the best marketing strategy for the category is defined. Provide additional marketing support when needed.
- Academic level of working and thinking, degree is a plus;
- Management / leadership experience;
- Experience in retail or e-commerce - related to the concerned auctions;
- Fluent English is a must; knowledge of at least one of these languages:
- Dutch/French/German is a plus
- Demonstrable computer skills;
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
What we offer
This is your chance to become part of Europe’s fastest growing tech company! You will have an exciting job in a young, fast-growing, dynamic & international organisation. Additionally, you can expect:
- Turn your hobby into your career;
- Work from home;
- Flexible to divide your working hours over the working week. We do have fixed meeting times during the week and you will be required to attend those (online) meetings;
- Paid holiday;
- Excellent opportunities for career development;
- Sponsored events and afternoon drinks;
- A fun team in a fast-growing online company facing complex challenges;
- Lots of room to work on great ideas, and to learn and grow.
Apply directly with an English CV and cover letter by submitting your information at the bottom of this page.
A Expertise test, reference check, Certificate of Conduct (VOG) and interviews in English are all part of our recruitment process.